Question about Computers & Internet
How do you use a web cam on gmail?
Here's how I did it:
- When you first pop out your N800 cam it'll ask you to set up an ID, this seems to have nothing to do with your gmail ID so I just used my name.
- I have a gmail account
- The other party has a gmail account
- In gmail, I had to go into 'Contacts' and set the 'Show in quick contacts' to 'Always'
- Make sure the other person is logged in to gmail via a browser.
- The above made the gmail contact of the other party visible in the N800 when I went online through wi-fi. NB: Setting the contact to 'Always' seems to be the only way of importing contacts from gmail into the N800.
- In the N800 I could then click the contacts applet (the two persons applet in the left column) and send an invitation (in the menu), and select the above contact.
- The PC person would then receive the invite in a gmail chat window, with a link. Clicking the link downloaded and installed the PC application. Apparently the other party also got to select a user id, because I then got a ring from the person, with a new ID that I recognized as different from the gmail name.
- Video popped up, but black on my side because the PC webcam wouldn't work.
- The other party could see my picture just fine.
- The voice had so much breakups though that it was close to unusable..
- The PC app. apparently used some 98% CPU, which could be the cause of the voice breakup problems. __________________
Posted on Jun 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2014 | Computers & Internet
845 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!