Question about Webcams
How do you use a web cam on gmail?
Here's how I did it:
- When you first pop out your N800 cam it'll ask you to set up an ID, this seems to have nothing to do with your gmail ID so I just used my name.
- I have a gmail account
- The other party has a gmail account
- In gmail, I had to go into 'Contacts' and set the 'Show in quick contacts' to 'Always'
- Make sure the other person is logged in to gmail via a browser.
- The above made the gmail contact of the other party visible in the N800 when I went online through wi-fi. NB: Setting the contact to 'Always' seems to be the only way of importing contacts from gmail into the N800.
- In the N800 I could then click the contacts applet (the two persons applet in the left column) and send an invitation (in the menu), and select the above contact.
- The PC person would then receive the invite in a gmail chat window, with a link. Clicking the link downloaded and installed the PC application. Apparently the other party also got to select a user id, because I then got a ring from the person, with a new ID that I recognized as different from the gmail name.
- Video popped up, but black on my side because the PC webcam wouldn't work.
- The other party could see my picture just fine.
- The voice had so much breakups though that it was close to unusable..
- The PC app. apparently used some 98% CPU, which could be the cause of the voice breakup problems. __________________
Posted on Jun 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2011 | Micro Innovations IC445C Webcam
Oct 28, 2008 | A4tech PK5
844 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!