I had my phone on the window seal and it dropped into the toilet. I immediatly took it out and took the battery off and blow dried it. I put the battery back in the phone and it turns on but the buttons don't work. So I blow dried the buttons and Im letting it air dry. Is there anything else I can do?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I suggest you allow it a bit longer in the rice, atleast 3-5 hours to help dry all the moist on the phone, if the problem still persist after the hours, am afraid to tell you that the phone is damage and will need replacement.
I dropped my phone in the toilet and surprisingly it still works. First I took the battery off and dried the phone and battery as much as I could. Then I took my blow dryer and a towel where I folded the towel in half and positioned the phone and the blow dryer under the towel and left it going for about an hour. The next day I took the phone and sat it in the sun until the inside moisture was gone. Then I charged it my phone has been working fine ever since and that was nearly two months ago.
Do not try and turn the phone on, first thing is to take the battery out. If you can take it apart as much as you can. Several options here, take it to a repair centre to see what they can do or leave it it a sealed container with something like silica gel in order to absorb the moisture. If the battery has expanded you will need a new one.
I had the same problem!! This might help: 1. Take out the battery, SIM card, and memory card (if applicable). 2. Let the phone sit in the sun for a couple of days. 3. Put the SIM card back in the phone and plug the phone charger into the phone. 4. When prompted, insert the battery into the phone 5. When battery is fully charged, remove the charger and depress the call button simultaneously.
I tired this and the phone is now working!!! Also, I do not seem to have lost any of the features!