An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Acer Aspire 5570 wireless
Guys if you are having this issue you should open up the back panel and locate the wireless card and try to reseat it maybe it could be loose and goes on and off with movement. Secondy while youre at it make sure there are no burn marks or damaged saughter however you spell it damages on the wifi board. Third you can try to get a USB adapter from like best buy and since they give you 30 days return policy you can try it and see if you get internet access through it that way .If you do then you can pin point it could be your wireless card or the motherboards controller where it connects to. Also make sure the BIOS wifi option is enabled and working some people have uinstalled the wifi utility from acer and just use the windows built in wireless utility and have had success connection that way . You have acouple solutions and trials to do so get at it and hope this helped lead you on the right track.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the BIOS settings to see if the wireless card installed and enabled. If it is enabled then install the wireless driver. Download the wireless and device drivers from the Acer WEB site. Makesure you select the model of your laptop the drivers you that require thatmatches the Windows version that is installed on your laptop. Use this link toget to the Acer support: - http://www.acersupport.com/drivers_download.aspx
Enable the wireless in the BIOS if it has been disabled. Next install the wireless card driver if it has not been installed.
Download the device drivers from the Acer WEB site. Makesure you select the model of your laptop the drivers you that require thatmatches the Windows version that is installed on your laptop. Use this link toget to the Acer support: - http://www.acersupport.com/drivers_download.aspx Next - your wireless router needs to be configured with the wireless settings. Then the wireless card in the Acer needs to be configured with the routers wireless settings.
check on the edges of your laptop, there might be a slide switch to enable wireless connection.
set up a wireless connection by plugging in first the network cable.
select wireless or wlan connection
follow the process
reset your router
restart your computer
enjoy wireless networking
Open control panel scroll down to Internet connections and click to display. Right click wireless wizard then click choose enable. After this you will be prompted with a box that will show you that the computer has detected wifi connection in the surrounding.
Hi acording your describle, you need do
1) please check the bios first, to set wireless to enable
2) check windows right buttom bar is there a wireless icon show there and click to see any detect wireless signal, if nothing to detect
3) check or compare to other laptop wireless configuration, check any incorrect setting.
4) if all sense ok, you need check the wireless card and wireless antenna wire connection, open a samll cover at back of laptop, there is a MINI PCI slot with a wireless card, take out and clean the card pins then put back.
5) still trouble please change another wireless card (same model)
it should be fix.
hope help you to fix it, please take a rating le me know how much helped you, thanks. for any question in any time please !
you need to try
1) check bios aetup screen thereis setting wireless enable/disable
and check xp control panel--system--device manager wireless driver no yellow triangle mark( which need update driver)
2) check wireless switch at laptop frront or right side, set to "on" to make sure the wireless light not on. if wireless indicate light still black means your wireless card out of works, check wireless card by open small back cover clean pins and reinstall it again
3) finally you might need change a wireless card.
Make sure you enable the wireless card in device manager.
and also check the wireless card switch (switch it to enable/disable wireless card) on the front (close to headphone jack). If it isnot working, it's something wrong with your wireless card.
okay......who is your internet provider??? if it is sasktel then they have a very helpful help line that that you can reach them at and their number is 1-800-773-2121. but before you do that....open your wirless conection options thing and then click advanced and then clik the litle square at the top that says let windows configure your wirless stuff (something like that :P) and then it should work...it did for me....but if that doesnt work give sasktel a call and they'll help you fix it :) (its 24/7 support so give em a call whenever :P)
The wireless switch is generally on the front edge or a side edge of your notebook. They also usually have an led that will show status. You may have to enable this through bios if the switch doesn't work.