- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not sure about your model but have you tried the HP website for downloads? One more possible option, sometimes going to control panel and deleting the printer and its software under programs and also the printer, restarting the computer and then having it install itself works. I know these are frustrating problems. Hope it helps.
1) click on "Support and Drivers" at the top
2) in 'Step 1' select 'download drivers'
3) in 'Step 2' type in the model number you're looking for. In your case it would be "Deskjet f4180"
4) on the next page, choose the operating system you're running.
5) on the next page, choose the basic driver.
6) on the next page, click on the little 'Download Only" button. This will start the download process. Personally I would choose the 'Run" feature. This runs the software off HP's website. That way you're not downloading the software and storing it on your computer. This will also start the setup process for the drivers.
Download the basic driver. If you are not running windows XP then let me know or go to HP.com, select support and driver, and then download firmaware, then enter the make and model number, then pick the windows you are using