An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
Re: no dial tone, usb fash drives dont reconize
Did you try AVG sometimes some of the orther software or i call dormit mcfee or norton doesn't seem to catch all the virus that are hidding behind your windows applications try it and get back to me lala linda
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you are running windows go to windows update download windows security essentials this gives you a fully functional and free anti-virus.but if you still want avast check to make sure windows defender is disabled.this is windows own anti virus.also you may have to disable your firewall until avast has installed.for a registry cleaner search for one there are lots of free ones advanced systemcare is a good one.hope this helps
A <b>computer </b>can be compared to a piano. piano keys must be refined from time to time for a good sound. Personal computers, however, must be well maintained to keep it running like new. To improve the <b>performance</b> of a<b> PC</b>, you should start by cleaning the Windows registry. These are the steps on how to improve the performance of <b>your PC</b>.<br />
First, scan the<b> Windows registry</b> using a registry cleaner. Just be careful not to use software that is loaded with viruses and other hacking devices. Use only software that is already proven and have a good reputation. You can easily find them by looking at other online tests.<br />
Another tip for choosing a <b>registry cleaner</b> is to choose one that has the ability to reverse its actions. Some cleaners are sensitive to specific files and delete the key features of your computer. When this occurs, you must have a back up or you may have to redo the<b> registry cleaning</b> to recover deleted data.<br />
When <b>cleaning</b> the <b>Windows registry</b> is complete, <b>scan</b> and <b>error correction</b> is the next step in this process. To help your <b>computer </b>run like new, just clean up the <b>registry</b>, but also to remove the virus as well. virus removal can be done to find the right anti-virus program. It 's easier to remove the virus if the software is already installed on your computer, but otherwise you can still find online programs to use, that can help.<br />
Check the disk space left on your hard drive ... most times it doesn't have enough free space for windows to run efficiently. try removing programs you don't use and put any pics or videos you have on there to a usb drive .
Sounds like malware. How do you know of the registry errors? Is it Scareware that reporting all the errors? Try freeware MALWAREBYTES download at : http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ In the install UNCHECK the TRIAL PRO version, you want the freeware version. Run a FULL scan, it may take hours, depending on the HDD size, delete ALL results, reboot. Also, Run a FULL scan with your up-to-date Anti Virus, delete ALL results. Post results. Try Opening SERVICES and starting Windows Defender after the scans.
There are many things that you can do to help.
The first thing is defragmenting the hard drive.
The second is (if Vista or Windows 7) set your windows defender to scan at a different time than your virus software (this does not apply to Windows XP).
The third is cleaning out the cookies folder. Cookies will continue to build up in a computer to a point where it will diminish the performance of the computer.
The next thing is to do a disk clean up.
Then the last thing to do is go to http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html
and do a free scan. This will make sure your virus software has not missed a potential virus threat.
If it finds a virus that your virus software has missed, you might consider uninstalling it and using something like Avast or AVG or both together (both free versions).
These are just a few simple things to go through.
clean the pc up to speed it up a little, download ccleaner and install it, run the cleaner and delete all the files it finds, then clean the registry and fix the issues found, if it asks you to save the changes to the registry click yes and fix do this a couple of times so no issues are found. If the pc is still slow after this clean then the issue is either memory or the operating system is degrading.
well most likely you have a virus that is causing this. there are three programs you will need to download and run full scans with. this will take some time so make sure you are settled in for this. viruses are such a drag. if you can i would suggest you copy and paste these instructions and print them from another computer so you have them. ok here we go.
1) boot your computer 2) when you get to your blank desktop press CTRL+ALT+DELETE. This will bring up your Task Manager 3) Click on "FILE" -> New Task (Run...) 4) Type in EXPLORER.EXE and click ok, this will bring up your desktop 5) open an internet browser (IE,Firefox), time to download. save these files to your desktop to make this easier 6) go to -- http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5&cdlPid=10903602
Click on Download now, this is "ad-aware-free"
7) go to -- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
click on the green download button- this is "malwarebytes"
8) go to -- http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Spybot_Search_and_Destroy/1043809773/1
click on the little download now button with the checkmark lookin thing in it file size 14,380 kb. NOT the big oval "download now" button at the top. this "SpyBot - Search and Destroy"
Now that the downloads are done its time to install and run them
9) click on the Ad-aware install file. follow all instructions to install it. Run Ad-Aware when it opens up click on the little scan tab on the left. click on Full Scan in the middle. click on Scan at the bottom right corner. this may take a while depending on your system. when its done make sure all items are checked and click remove. click on the Privacy Objects tab and do the same. then you can close the program
10) click on the malwarebytes install icon, may be named something like MBAM. follow instructions to install. run malwarebytes. click on the update tab at the top. then click on update now and let it update. it may want to reboot, if so, reboot and follow steps 2-4 and restart malwarebytes. otherwise click on the SCANNER tab at the top. click on Perform Full Scan. Click Scan. when its done make sure all infections, if any are checked and click Fix Problems. when done close program
11) click on the spybot install icon. follow instructions to install. when asked to imunize, back up registry etc just click next. when asked to update, go ahead and update it. when done click start using spybot. click on Check For Problems. when done click on Fix Problems. when its done close the program.
OH YEAH that took a while. i know. take a break, cus now its time for a little house cleaning.
and click on the green arrow-download latest version -- this is ccleaner, install it and run it
13) click on REGISTRY on the left. click on scan for issues. click Fix Selected Issues. click Yes. click Save. click Fix Issues. click close. click CLEANER on the left side. click Analyze. click Run Cleaner. click OK. when done close program.
14) go ahead and reboot. if your desktop still does not come back let me know and we will fix what the viruses did to that.
The Yahoo Software comes with Spyware & Adware; never seen AT&T Yahoo Antivirus detect any virus in my experience. Unfortunately you have to install the software to setup your DSL for the first time; after that it's worthless. I would scan your computer with Microsoft Windows Defender or Ad-Aware by Lavasoft; both are free tools and find many of the common infections. Moreover, it wouldn't hurt to pay for a McAfee or a Nortin Subscription for virus protection; I use McAfee because it doesn't lag my system. There is a free virus protection program called AVG Free which I'm told works good for the price.