Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Heres the same solution, in a little more depth.
1. Find a movie that needs a password
2. Start it up,
3. When prompted for code, press select. Insert 7444.
4. Hit select again
5. Type new password.
6. Confirm Password
7. Hit select again.
Should work! Happy movie watching.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Here is the procedure to reset the parental lock code:
1. Bring up a screen where the unit asks you to enter in the parental code. You can either insert a restricted disc, or enter the DVD setup menu and go to "parental control" under custom setup.
2. When the screen asks for the code, press the SELECT button, then enter in the code "7444".
3. The level adjustment under Parental Control dictates the strictness of the player. The lower the value, the more strict it will be. Either increase the value to lower the restriction, or disable the lock entirely by setting it to "off".
4. Once you have made your adjustments, be sure that the DVD tray is empty, and press the RESET button on the front of the Playstation 2. It is imperative the tray is clear of any DVD or game for the unit to save your settings.
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 2 Slimline Console
Jan 31, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Sep 11, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Apr 10, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Dec 25, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Dec 23, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jul 31, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 Slimline Console
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!