I just now replaced my lamp and tried the solution on the above bookmarked site (hold down VOL- on the TV itself while holding down the SPLIT button on the TV remote simultaneously for several seconds... I didn't need all 20 seconds that this site recommends), and that worked for me. About 5-10 seconds in, I saw a blue box on my screen that basically said "Lamp timer has been reset to 0" with an "Exit" box below that. It took me a while to find the "Exit" button on my remote control to clear that box off the screen, but that's how I cleared it.
My TV is just short of 3 years old; I bought my Panasonic PT-52LCX65 on "Black Friday" (day after Thanksgiving) in 2005. My lamp died last Saturday night.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Make sure the TV is on.
2) While pressing and holding down VOL DOWN button on the TV, press and hold down the SPLIT DVD/VCR CH UP button on the remote until a message appears on the screen that the lamp timer has been reset.If this does not work, use SPLIT DVD/VCR CH DOWN instead.
Turn On tv, press and hold Volume Down button on TV Front and Play/Split button on Remote at same time for six seconds to reset lamp timer. TV screen will show lamp timer reset display upon successful process.
first off all it's not necessary to have the TV on to reset it. the problem is the dmd need to send the info that you have a working lamp.
try this to see if it work's
Panasonic TY-LA1000 TV Lamp Reset Procedure/instructions: Ok,
so apparently there are a couple of different ways forum members have
found out how to reset their Panasonic Lamp timer (this should apply to
all of them, not just the TY-LA1000 specific lamp)
“Hold the VOL down button on the TV and the SPLIT button on the REMOTE for five seconds”
you will need to press the Volume button on the TV while pressing hte
SPLIT button on the Remote Control for five seconds, it will NOT work
if you try to do it both from your remote!
Howdy, Doble check your Lamp Installation, making sure that the Lamp Cover is properly secured. Reset TV by unplugging TV from the wall for 3-4 minutes then plug back in, then turn TV on.
To reset your Panasonic Lamp Time: øPress and hold these buttons for (at least) 5 seconds: øVolume Down button (on TV Panel). øAND ACTION Button (on remote). As the remote gets older the ACTION button may not respond unless you press the button dead center and not at an angle. Thanks for using FIXYA, BIG IRISH.
1) Press the POWER button to turn your TV on. Make sure you are set to Cable/TV reception. If the "replace lamp. Reset Lamp timer" notice appears, press "EXIT" on your remote. 2) Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN BUTTON on the TV set (not the remote, the actual TV set) 3) Continue to press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and press and hold the PIP (Picture in Picture) or SPLIT/PLAY button on your REMOTE control (your are pressing and holding BOTH of these buttons at the same time now). 4) After 5 or 10 seconds (be patient), the lamp serice menu will appear and say your lamp counter has been rest to '0' (zero). That's it, you are all done.
Now, I continue to have the power shut off after a few minutes of play. I think it is a problem with the cooling fan. Damn it all anyway.