- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your itouch reads "disabled connect to itunes" and shows the "locked" icon and your itunes will not even recognize the device and itunes says your itouch is locked and enter password, Here is what you do to restore your itouch: (you will lose all itouch contents but it is worth it as almost all say it is broken and worthless)
1. Turn off your itouch or ipod. Do not have charger / usb connected to ipod or itouch.
2. With device off, connect the charger end of the cable to the itouch / ipod but do not plug the usb into the computer.
3. Open Itunes
3. While holding down the menu button (and I mean keep holding it down), plug the usb into the computer.
4. Wait to see the new wonderful graphic on your device and computer screen that shows that your ipod / itouch is recognized.
Your itouch will start immediately restoring itself and you are ready to fill it up with wonderful images, photos and videos again!
So happy to share this tip. It saved me money and time.
The itouch may be formatted for an imac
Connect the itouch to your PC, open iTunes, it should show up in the menu on the left side.
From there, you should be able to restore the itouch, and remove all the previous owners information from it, and should work.
i had the same problem. this is all the steps needed, calling apple isnt necessary.
first: press down on the top power button and on the menu button
second: keep pressing, eventually the screen to turn it off will pop out. ignore it and keep pressing.
third: the itouch will turn off completely but dont stop pressing
fourth: the apple sign will come out. you may now release.
fifth: now you should be able to connect to itunes that will restore your ipod.