Question about Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I know the error is on the printer but it may still let you scan.
Use the following steps to scan with the Epson Scan utility:
1. Open Epson Scan by going into START, PROGRAMS, and EPSON SCAN.
2. If prompted, select your scanner from the list of models and click OK.
3. In the FILE SAVE SETTINGS window, you can designate the location, name and type of file the scans will be saved as.
-LOCATION defaults to MY DOCUMENTS. Click BROWSE if you wish to change this.
-PREFIX determines how the scan will be named. Type any name you like. You can also designate a start number.
-FILE TYPE dictates what format the scans will be saved in. ie. .JPG, .TIFF, .PDF, or .PICT)
-For example: if the prefix is "img", the start number is "1", and the format is "JPG", the name of the file saved in
PICTURES will be "IMG001.JPG". More settings for file format are found under OPTIONS.
4. Click OK once settings are changed as desired.
5. The EPSON SCAN window will open and begin scanning in FULL AUTO MODE. In FULL AUTO MODE the software makes all the decisions for you (as to what is being scanned, where it is on the flatbed, etc). This is the easiest way to scan.
6. If you want full control over the scanning process click PAUSE and change FULL AUTO MODE to HOME MODE or PROFESSIONAL MODE. In the latter two modes you can change your scan settings as desired. Click SCAN after you have selected your settings. Click CLOSE once the EPSON SCAN is finished scanning.
7. When scanning is complete, your images will be saved in the location specified on FILE SAVE SETTINGS, with the prefix and in the format you set.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2010 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 13, 2010 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 21, 2010 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 23, 2010 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 29, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 14, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 25, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 31, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 10, 2008 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!