- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are ink absorbers located at both ends of the printerwhere the ink head move. To dry the ink absorber, power up the printer and open the cover so the inkcartridges and print head moves to the middle of the printer. Then take several sheets of absorbent tissue, fold it into a pad and place itinside the printer over the ink absorber on the far left hand side of theprinter to soak up the excess ink. You may need to change the absorbent tissuea few times. Then repeat the same procedure on the right hand ink absorber. Closethe lid and the printer should now function normally.
1. To clean physical pads: Open cover (as if replacing ink cartridge). Locate waste ink pads, they are far right under cartridge slider. Pry up waste ink pads (inky, might want to wear gloves). Rinse pads in sink or with alcohol, dry. Replace pads. Make sure pads are fully seated.
2. To reset waste ink counter: Press Menu-Scan-Copy-Scan to enter service menu. Use arrow keys to scroll to “Service menu counter access”. Press OK. Use arrow keys to scroll to “ABS-M DOT COUNT” Press Copy. Use arrow keys to reset count to zero. Press OK. Press Stop/Reset.