Question about Epson GT-2500 Flatbed Scanner
Hi! we have xp professional running on a dell computer that will find the scanner and will open the program to the taskbar. we can't open to use it, it only stays on the taskbar. we have tried max/min the window and changing the properties of the program but nothing seems to work. the epson start up window comes up then disappears leaving the program open on the taskbar without enabling us to open the program to use it. we have restarted the computer and the scanner a couple of times. any ideas? thanks!
Registry Problem and here is the fix. If you are not familiar with the registry, do not attempt this.
Now we need to remove specific references to the product in the registry:
1. Click on START and then RUN.
2. In the Run window type in REGEDIT.
3. In the upper menu bar click on FILE, then EXPORT.
4. In the window that comes up, SAVE IN should be set to DESKTOP.
5. In the FILE NAME section at the bottom of the window type in REGBACKUP.
6. EXPORT RANGE should have a dot next to ALL.
7. Click on SAVE.
8. Look in the column on the left and Click on the “+” sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
9. Click on the “+” sign next to SOFTWARE
10. Click on the “+” sign next to Epson
11. Look for a folder name EPSON SCAN. Right click on it and Delete it
Close the registry and start scanning
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Windows XP Mode works in two ways-both as a virtual operating system and as a way to open programs within Windows 7. It runs in a separate window on the Windows 7 desktop, much like a program, except it's a fully-functional, fully-licensed version of Windows XP. In Windows XP Mode, you can access your physical computer's CD/DVD drive, install programs, save files, and perform other tasks as if you were using a computer running Windows XP.
When you install a program in Windows XP Mode, the program appears in both the Windows XP Mode list of programs and in the Windows 7 list of programs, so you can open the program directly from Windows 7.
Nov 28, 2014 | Scanners
Aug 18, 2011 | Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL Flatbed Scanner
Sep 14, 2009 | Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II Film Scanner
Aug 31, 2009 | Dell Scanners
Aug 04, 2009 | HP Scanjet 4370
Feb 28, 2009 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Dec 17, 2008 | Microtek ScanMaker 6000 Flatbed Scanner
Dec 30, 2007 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Sep 01, 2011 | Epson GT-2500 Flatbed Scanner
184 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: