Question about Epson GT-2500 Flatbed Scanner
Hi! we have xp professional running on a dell computer that will find the scanner and will open the program to the taskbar. we can't open to use it, it only stays on the taskbar. we have tried max/min the window and changing the properties of the program but nothing seems to work. the epson start up window comes up then disappears leaving the program open on the taskbar without enabling us to open the program to use it. we have restarted the computer and the scanner a couple of times. any ideas? thanks!
Registry Problem and here is the fix. If you are not familiar with the registry, do not attempt this.
Now we need to remove specific references to the product in the registry:
1. Click on START and then RUN.
2. In the Run window type in REGEDIT.
3. In the upper menu bar click on FILE, then EXPORT.
4. In the window that comes up, SAVE IN should be set to DESKTOP.
5. In the FILE NAME section at the bottom of the window type in REGBACKUP.
6. EXPORT RANGE should have a dot next to ALL.
7. Click on SAVE.
8. Look in the column on the left and Click on the “+” sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
9. Click on the “+” sign next to SOFTWARE
10. Click on the “+” sign next to Epson
11. Look for a folder name EPSON SCAN. Right click on it and Delete it
Close the registry and start scanning
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2015 | Computers & Internet
on Feb 02, 2011 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
on May 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Aug 31, 2009 | Dell Office Equipment & Supplies
on Jan 06, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jun 26, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 01, 2007 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 01, 2011 | Epson GT-2500 Flatbed Scanner
184 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: