Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I tried the posting by Eagle338 (Mar 10, 2008) but hit a snag - I press and hold the Resume/cancel button (#9), I then press and hold the On/Off button and NOTHING HAPPENS. If I then release the On/Off button the printer 'boots' as normal and the E, 2, 7 lights flash up on the LED in orange.
It seems that I cannot enter the 'service mode' to be able to reset the printer.
Please help, I am so frustrated.
Service - mode in which you can perform service operations with the buttons printer. To switch the printer Canon MP-series in the “Service” mode you:
1) Turn off the printer.
2) Press and hold the button lifting / resume printing.
3) Press and hold the button printer.
4) Release the button lifting / resume printing.
5) Double-click restoration / print.
6) Release button printer.
after that time will be flashing green LED (flashing time depends on the printer model), then it will go steadily and the printer will become the “Service” mode.
Low-Level - work intended for low-level operations with EEPROM printer, in this mode MPTool works with the printer. To switch the printer MP-Series Low-Level regime should:
1) Turn off the printer on the network.
2) Press and hold the button.
3) Add a printer to a network.
4) Click lifting / resume printing.
5) Release button.
- unplug cable
- press and hold "power" button
- plug cable
- press "resume" and release
- release the "power" button
Posted on Jun 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2014 | Canon Pixma iP4500 InkJet Printer
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Feb 11, 2012 | Printers & Copiers
Feb 12, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Eight flashes: Waste ink absorber almost full
The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber for the ink used during Print Head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink absorber is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative.
Canon recommends that you call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing will no longer be possible
Jan 11, 2011 | Casio Printers & Copiers
Nov 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 05, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Feb 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Jan 21, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i9950 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 30, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: