I have a blown TV fuse but I'm not sure how to read the symbols on it or the type of fuse. It is white with metal ends and on one of the ends are the words and numbers: T4AH250V (with 3 circles after it). On the other end is a series of symbols with 50CT and the 3 circles again.
What do I need to ask for at the electronics store?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
glass fuse --no wire in the glass section
test with a multi meter set on ohms when leads are placed on either end of the fuse ( removed from the holder) there should be continuity ( no ohms reading) if it is blown the high ohms reading will not alter
If the electric dryer
does not work at all then there are some possibilities that have to be checked
to confirm the fault. 1) Check whether you are
getting power to the dryer from electric out let to which the dryer is
connected. The power problem can also occur if the fuse is blown or the circuit
breaker is got tripped. 2) Other possibility for
dryer not working is the blown thermal fuse. The thermal fuse is located to the exhaust duct inside the back
cover panel. This fuse blows out if the dryer gets overheated or any short
circuit occurs in the house when dryer is in working. 3) One more reason for dryer not
working at all is the fault in the door switch. The dryer will not start
working till the door is closed. But if the door switch or the door-switch
actuator is got cracked or worn out or loose then door will not get closed
properly and dryer will not work. In this case check the door switch/actuator
and replace it if required. 4) But if all the above mentioned possibilities checks
out OK, and still the same problem, then there is a fault in the wiring. Check
the main power cord of the dryer which you connect in the electric out let. If
the power wire is got internally burned out or got cut in between the dryer
will not get power and will not work. This will
The circuit that the fuse is on won't have power-nothing will come on or work on that circuit. You can pull the fuse out and see if the element inside has snapped apart, or the easiest way to check fuses is with a test light. On the top of all fuses, there are two small cavities or indents-one at each end of fuse top. These are test points or probes for fuses- the metal is exposed through the cavity. Ground a test light lead to a good metal bracket or bolt under the dash. Now turn key to ON-do not start engine. With key on every fuse on the car will be powered-every one. Touch your test light probe to one of the indents. If test light does not come on, it is not grounded well. Make sure you have it grounded good. Now use the probe to touch both ends of the fuse, first one end and then the other end. A good fuse will light tester on both ends of fuse-meaning the element inside has not blown. A bad or blown fuse will only light up the test light on one end of fuse. If fuse has blown, power will not pass through the fuse, but will be stopped at the fuse on the one side. Check your fuses this way and you will not have to pull the fuse out to inspect it. You can also check the fuses under the hood (all fuses, including the larger maxi-fuses). Post back if you have any questions, or unsure of my description.
Remove the fuse from the fuse holder. Use a multi-meter aet to low ohms scale. Place each probe on the ends of the fuse, if the multi-meter shows a low reading then the fuseis OK. If the multi-meter shows a high reading or no reading the the fuse is open circuit or blown. If the fuse is a glass type and it is burnt on the inside then the fuse is blown.
First Check the power cord to TV, try a different one.
If you are experienced you can take the back panel off the TV
- Internal fuse inside TV might have blown, its on the power supply board (white fuse, slow blow)
- Buldging Capacitors or they may have leaked brown substance on top or circuit board
If you are going to do this yourself make sure you do not touch the contacts on under side of the circuit board that connect to the LARGE capacitor (looks like a giant battery)
Replacing the fuse is easy no experience needed, make sure you replace it for an exact match, it will say the rating on the metal caps at each end of the fuse.
If it is not the fuse you can de solder the blown capacitors and replace them with new ones.
Total Cost of repair if you have soldering iron and tools will only be about £3 or $5
Otherwise get a pro to repair it for you, but you might pay around £80 or $120
You can note down the model name on the power supply circuit board and Google it.
You might be able to buy a replacement power supply which will be cheaper than paying a TV repair man to get the part and fit it
You may have a blown fuse. First unplug the TV and take the back off of it and then look for a tube shaped glass with two metal ends. Take it out and visually inspect it, if it looks burnt on the inside then you have a blown fuse if it does not look burnt, take a multimeter set to resistance and measure the resistance between the two metal ends (put the leads of the meter on the metal ends, black on one and red on the other) you should read 0 ohms...any other reading is bad. Now if the fuse is bad buy replacement fuses from your local electronics parts store or from Radio Shack. Replace the fuse and see if this solves your problem. Plug the set back in and if the set powers up and remains up unplug the set again put the back on again and you are finished.
Please get back to us if you have any further query or else accept the solution.
It may just be a fuse that is blown.
If you take the back cover off and follow the power cord you should be able to find the a.c line fuse, it will be a glass fuse with metal end caps.
A blown fuse will show a broken filament inside or blackened glass.
You may also have d.c fuses inside , they will look the same sa the a.c fuse.
Their values should be written on the circuit board near the fuses and always on one of the end cap.
something like250V/3A for 3 amps.
Hope this will help. Good luck
I had this exact problem on my Vizio 47" HDTV. I removed the speakers and all the screws on the back cover. Took the cover off and located the fuses on the largest circuit board. The are in the upper right hand corner of the board. There are 3 of them in a row labeled LF 1.5, LF 3.0 and LF 3.0. The are white in color with copper ends. I took a volt meter and measured continuity across all fuses individually and found the LF 1.5 to be blown. The guy at the electronics store sold me a barrel 1.5A fuse and told me to soldier it across the top of the blown fuse. It took an extra set of hands but the TV works perfectly.
You may have a blown fuse. First unplug the TV and take the back off of it and then look for a tube shaped glass with two metal ends. Take it our and visually inspect it, if it looks burnt on the inside then you have a blown fuse if it does not look burnt, take a multimeter set to resistance and measure the resistance between the two metal ends (put the leads of the meter on the metal ends, black on one and red on the other) you should read 0 ohms (zero ohms) any other reading is bad. Now if the fuse is bad buy replacement fuses from your local electronics parts store or from Radio Shack. Replace the fuse and see if this solves your problem. Plug the set back in and if the set powers up and remains up unplug the set again put the back on again and you are finished.
If the fuse blows again you may have a problem in your LV power supply path or your HV power supply path. In either case this requires that you know electronics, and I would suggest that you take your TV to a qualified TV technician.