Canon ip1800 is experiencing paper jam.whener tries to print, cannot feed the paper properly
Sometimes a printer just needs some cleaning.
Remove the jammed paper following the procedure below.
(1) Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Auto Sheet Feeder or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the printer, turn the printer off, open the Front Cover, and remove it. Be careful not to touch the components inside the printer. After removing all paper, close the Front Cover and turn it back on.If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the printer off and turn it back on. The paper will be ejected automatically.
(2) Reload the paper in the printer, and press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer. If you turned off the printer in step 1, all print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.
Make sure to clean the paper feed rollers if paper is not fed properly. Cleaning the Paper Feed Roller of the Auto Sheet Feeder consumes it, so perform this only when necessary.
1. Make sure that the printer is turned on, and then remove any paper from the Auto Sheet Feeder.
2. Open the Printer Properties dialog box.
3. Click the Maintenance tab and then Roller Cleaning.
4. Confirm the message, and then click OK.The Paper Feed Rollers will rotate as they clean.
5. When the message appears, load three or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.Set the Paper Thickness Lever to the left.
6. Confirm the displayed message and click OK.The paper that is loaded in the printer will feed through the printer and be ejected.
7. When the confirmation message is displayed, click OK. If this procedure does not solve the problem, clean the surface of the roller with applying a slightly moisten cotton swab with water to wipe off dust or stain.
If the problem still persists, contact a Canon service representative.
Mar 28, 2011 |
Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer