- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could you check your SyncMaster 2233 for me and tell me your findings. If this monitor is connected from your computer and when both switch on, did the led indication lamp from your monitor lit steady green? or this lead indication lamp lit green then turns red?
1. If the led indication lamp lit steady green then there is nothing wrong with the settings, configurations, driver or hardware on your computer. The problem would be the backlight inverter lamp in your monitor is busted. Or it could be the inverter board that supplies high voltage for the backlight inverter lamp that is bad. You can replace the backlight inverter lamp located at the upper and lower part of the monitor with a replacement part you can purchase at shoppejimmy.com. Inverter board repair can be risky if you don't have the skill. Even opening the back cover of your monitor and replace by yourself the inverter lamp is risky too, could inflict more damage. you can bring it to a local professional service man.
2. If the led indication lamp lit green then turns red, then if not the video card the power supply section from your monitor is bad, you can replace polarized capacitor with same value. Just inspect and those with blown or leaking capacitor. You can also check the terminals and solder joints for the 15-pin vga terminal connector where vga cable is connected on your monitor. Resolder the terminals.
3. If the red indication lamp did not lit at all. Power supply section in the monitor is bad. You can check the output voltage from the power supply section. +5VDC is supplied for the main board and +24VDC is for the inverter board. Replace leaking or blown capacitor with same value.
Just remember, this should be done when computer and monitor is turn off Post back if you have more questions. I am willing to give you assistance.
when you say monitor can't be found did you mean the monitor has no reactions when you turn on your pc?
here are some test you may need to do to know which part is faulty 1. Turn on your computer, did it display the monitor's logo on screen? When it does monitor is good, when only blank screen it could be the vga cable or the video card. 2. See if the led indication lit. When it lit to steady green, it's good signal is coming in from the video card. It should be followed by screen display. If no display it could be the backlight inverter lamp busted or faulty inverter board. When lit green then turns red, no signal coming from the video card. Check vga cable if fix properly to both monitor and video card. Or may need to reseat properly connection of video card from the motherboard. If no led indication lamp, then monitor is dead. Check ac power cord for continuity using multitester. Check power supply section in the monitor, replaced bulged or blown capacitor with exact value, this components were the first to get affected when lcd monitor failed o turn on. 3. When computer was turned on got display and then monitor turns black, go check the vga cable, Fix the connection properly or may need to replace it with new one. 4. When no signal appears or display blank screen after logo, then check video card. First remedy is to disconnect it the reseat properly to the motherboard. If this have no effect change your video card.
go follow these steps and let me know which is closely to your problem so I can give you a good advise.
The monitor was probably fried during the power outage due to a spike just before the power went out. On the power brick check to see if there is an LED light and see if that is lit when its plugged in. If its not lit up then you may want to try a new power brick, if it is lit up then your monitor is a dead.
actually if u repair an aoc monitor alone without getting connected to cpu once u switch on the monitor all led's will lit on ( green light ) it will remain on situation until u connect the vga connector to cpu that's the time led's will lit off and only the power led will remain in green condition.some aoc 5en once u power on power led is in green condition and if not connected to cpu it will be in orange condition.hope u get some idea but i am not sure if it will work with ur monitor. but as long as LEDs lit on i think no problem with ur monitor.
Hi, do you mean, when you power on the lcd monitor, then the display come for a while, then no display? May i know the power led light is still on or what's the led color lit?
If the color of led still maintain the GREEN light, then you may have a inverter or lamp problem. If this is the problem you need to repair or change the inverter board or ccfl lamp. For more details, you can go to this site http://www.fastrepairguide.com to get some repair idea.
1. Make sure the monitor cable is fully plugged into the computer.
2. If the new monitor works fine, The connection between the previous monitor and the PC was bad. Reconnect the original monitor to the PC and make sure that the connection is snug. Tighten down the video connectors until they are snug. Try again.