- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi not sure how these work as we dont have them in the UK. With UK machines the soap and fabric softner are put into a drawer that pulls out the front of the machine. When softner and soap arnt going into machine properly we take drawer out and wash it in warm water, you usually find a lot of gunk built up blocking it, perhaps you have a similar problem. Hope this helps
hi, nikoltheis! i'm not sure if we have exactly the same model, but it should be pretty close. here's what my user's manual says:
Detergent and fabric softner may build up in the dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed once or twice a month
- Remove the drawer by first sliding the safety latch to the right, then pulling the drawer out until it stops.
- Reach back into the left rear corner or the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer.
- Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softner compartments.
- Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softner residue may indicate improper dilution or that more frequent cleaning is required.
- To clean the drawer opening (the empty area left behind when you remove the drawer) use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all the residue from the upper and lower parts of the recess. (The picture shows this being done with a tooth brush.)
- Replace the insert pressing "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
I've had this same problem and solved it by removing the detergent/bleach/softener dispenser drawer from the machine and seriously cleaning out all of the "gunk" from the drawer and from inside the drawer area on washer. Sometimes I have had to repeat the cleaning and then the fabric softener begins dispensing again. I have model # 417.43042200 but it may work on all the Kenmore front loading washers.
Remove the dispenser tray. Inspect the area just above the fabric softener portion of the dispenser. There should be a series of holes where water feeds into the tray during the rinse cycle. Sometimes these holes become clogged with fabric softener residue. If the holes are clogged, water will never dispense the fabric softener out and it will stay in the tray. If you take some cotton swabs and meticulously clean all the holes out, I bet your problem will go away. Let me know if this was helpful to you.