Question about Dell W3000 30 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
We push the on button...the light is green...but set does not go on. We used to press the button several times and it went on but it no longer goes on.
Local repair people don't want to deal with Dell TV sets apparently.
1. Try this - hold the menu button down for 10 seconds. TV should power up; you
will have to turn off front panel buttons on menu.
2. Try a hard reset: Unplug the Tv from the AC mains, wait about 10 minutes and replug and power on the Tv and see.
3. Powering down the set or putting it in standby may have allowed the power supply to cool. Weak capacitors often go out of spec when they cool, thus preventing a section of the power supply from firing up properly again. There is a simple trick...just warm the back of the TV with a hair dryer for 5-7 mins after you have unplugged the TV. Look for the little areas of holes in the back panel of TV. Use these as your guide at where to use the hairdryer, but don't hold the dryer too close (say 5-6inches away). (Make sure the dryer is on High heat). If the TV doesn't turn on after you have heated it up (like it tries to come on but then turns off) you need to unplug the TV again, this resets it. And repeat those steps till it works. Resetting the TV after it fails to turn on is the key. Also, just leave the TV on. Don't turn in off. Since it is LCD, it doesn't take much power...only a few bucks extra a month for your utility bill.
4. A circuit board may crack about some of the larger components mounted on it. You can inspect the PCB's for fractures, and then repair them. It may also be poor soldering that has failed. I would be checking for these things first.
5. The problem could be with the power board. Unfortunately, the board is manufactured by a Chinese company, and they do not sell parts. They only replace entire sets if returned under warranty from Dell..
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
How old is your unit? Is it still under warranty?
If you provide the Dell Service Tag #, I can look up it's warranty and support status.
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2012 | Toshiba REGZA 42WLG66 42 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Apr 16, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jan 02, 2012 | Televison & Video
Aug 15, 2011 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video
• For resetting all adjustment items to factory preset values,
press ^ v to select "Reset", press ENTER, press to select "Yes", and then press ENTER.
Unplug the set for several hours to let it reset
Remove remote from 2 year old.
Mar 10, 2011 | Sharp LC-19SB25U 19 in. LCD HDTV
 Select your Location with the cursor up/down and press the green color button.
If you choose Shop it will skip the Settings assistant. The TV parameters for Picture and Sound will then be set to predefined fixed settings.
Press the green color button again to proceed.
If you choose Home it will display the Settings assistant.
 Use the cursor left/right to each time select your preferred screen.
 Press the green color button to each time confirm your selection and to jump to the following screen.
The following items will be presented sequentially. In the header it is mentioned how many screens have been completed and how many
screens there are in total. The Settings assistant will step sequentially through the following settings: Picture and Sound.
 Press the green color button once to store all the settings and to return to the TV installation menu.
Note: When you skip or stop the Settings Assistant, then the Standard settings
Philips selected for you will be chosen.
 Press the red color button to finish the First time installation procedure and to display the first stored TV channel.
Feb 22, 2011 | Philips 42PFL5332D 42 in. LCD Television
Dec 10, 2010 | Sharp LC-32SB24U 32 in. LCD TV
Dec 01, 2009 | Emerson LC320EM9 32 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 04, 2009 | Toshiba REGZA 42 in. Flat-Panel LCD HDTV
Jul 03, 2009 | Dell W3000 30 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Dec 30, 2008 | Dell W3000 30 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: