Question about SanDisk Sansa m230 MP3 Player
Tips for a great answer:
To start voice recording, follow these steps:
1. Press the Menu button to return to Main Menu.
2. Select Voice
3. Press Play/Pause to start recording.
4. To pause recording, press Play/Pause again
5. To stop recording, press Select. A pop-up window will appear on the screen. Select Yes to
save recording. The recording will be saved in the RECORD/VOICE folder.
6. Press 'button to return to the Voice Menu.
Jun 20, 2011 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Restoring RCA M4304A Recorder Firmware
Symtom: recorder shows OPAL splash screen, then shows "profiling requires20mb of free space, shutting down" and then shuts down. Recorder cannot be accessed by windows or the RCA easyrip software.
Solution: Use the firmware update found here: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/downloads/OPAL_066F_85A4_85A5_0_1140_SIG.EXE
This update needs to be ran on an xp computer running 32 bitOS. It was tested in a Win 7 64bitmachine and proven to not work.
Necessary steps taken to get the firmware to properlyrestore were as follows:
1. Hold in the power (menu) button for 10 seconds(the splash screen will show and it will give the error message, ignore it)
2. While still holding the power button, press theplay/pause button and hold down.
3. Release the power button while still holdingdown the play/pause button and wait 5 seconds.
4. While still holding the play/pause button plugin the usb cable to the recorder. Continue to hold the play/pause button foranother 5 seconds after plugging the cable in.
5. Release the play pause button then launch theEXE for the firmware update. Minimize the instruction screen so you can see thefull update screen.
6. Leave the format checkbox checked (check it ifit isn't checked) formatting is crucial to this working.
7. Once the status in the update window changesfrom initializing to ready click start to update the recorder. It will go through formatting, then updating.
8. Once the status shows complete disconnect therecorder and with any luck the recorder is usable again. The media files will obviously have to bereloaded, but the recording is functional at least.
Sep 21, 2010 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
May 26, 2009 | SanDisk SDMX1-1024-E18 MP3 Player
Jan 08, 2009 | Coby MP-C858 MP3 Player
Jun 24, 2008 | RCA TH1101 MP3 Player
May 08, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Apr 21, 2008 | Insignia Kix MP3 Player
Apr 14, 2008 | Coby MP-C7085 MP3 Player
Feb 26, 2007 | Apple iPod shuffle MP3 Player
Jul 14, 2006 | SanDisk Sansa m230 MP3 Player
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!