Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I had the same problem with my i250 and did the reset as discussed by others. This became very annoying ! Then I found the waste absorber pads (I think I did anyway!) situated inside to the far right where the print head rests. This is a small rubber recepticle which pops off. It holds two pads, one under the colour tank and one under the black tank. I cleaned these thoroughly and left to dry then replaced in the machine. Since then I have had no more problems !
Posted on Aug 13, 2009
Get your printer serviced so that the technician can clean of the absorber and place it back.
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
SOURCE: Reset Waste INk Canon MX318
Waste Ink Counter Reset.
(1) Turn off the printer.
(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in
succession. Note: you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will "reset"
or move momentarily. If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the
(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp
will alternate (change) color with each key press.
1. Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
2. EEPROM - Info printout.
3. EEPROM - Initialization.
4. Reset the Waste ink counter.
5. Printer model setting. (More selections beyond this point - However it is best leave them unaltered - You have been warned!)
After selecting the desired mode (eg 4), press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer.
Thanks for using Fixya
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
This is what the manual says: Ink used for cleaning is absorbed in a waste ink absorber placed in the machine.
Press [OK] to cancel the error so that you can continue printing. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing cannot be done until the waste ink absorber is replaced.
Canon recommends to contact a Canon service representative as soon as possible.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Canon i250 & i250 waste ink tank counter reset. by BSF (12/10/04 10:13 PM)
+1 + / -
1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable from printer.
2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7).
3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer.
4. The indicator should be green.
5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange.
6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green.
7. NOW Release POWER buttons.
8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable).
9. NOW...I opened "Printers" and saw that a "copy" of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that COPY your default printer and all should work...It did for me.
I must say...I went into the "GUTS" of the beast and cleaned out the PADS (they are actually vacuum pads that the INK is sucked through during a HEAD cleaning) a very messy undertaking.
Sep 15, 2012 | Canon i250
Sep 05, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1000
Eight flashes: Waste ink absorber almost full
The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber for the ink used during Print Head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink absorber is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative.
Canon recommends that you call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing will no longer be possible
Jan 11, 2011 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 20, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 06, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
3,206 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!