Printing a file from Illustrator, a message is displayed "can't print Illustration". The file does however print but with only the base color and all other graphics are missing. The print file has been grouped, flattened and saved to my desktop. Under the print dialog options I have selected print "all layers". This has happened before to another user in the dept.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you go to print, select printer properties and select black and white printing, not gray scale photo printing. If this doesn't help, try cleaning the black cartridge or replacing it. Hope this helps!
I had the same question. I found the answer at Canon's site but I can't link directly to the page so here's how I found the solution...
1. Go to the Canon Support site.
2. In the "Please enter your question field" type: How do I Print edge to edge?
3. Hit the "Search" button.
4. Click the #1 (top) search result "How do I Print edge to edge?"
5. Click the #1 (top) solution: "Use Borderless Printing (Mac OS X) MP600
6. Follow the directions.
It seems the main thing you need to do is go to the "Page Setup" dialog. Then make sure you've chosen the MP600 in the "Format for:" popup menu. Finally, in the "Paper Size:" popup, select "A4" then "A4 (borderless). It's a hierarchical menu.
FWIW I still haven't gotten a "perfect" borderless print. Seems you gotta get the paper in there exactly straight...
In my experience with Adobe products and DesignJet Printers, you have to go to Effects in the Printing Preferences and change Resizing Options from Actual Size to Print Documents On: page size that you want.