Question about Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver
How do connect zone 2 hook up to external amplifier then to speaker selector to outdoor speakers?
Go into your amp settings menu then to speaker settings,set zone 2 on and main on, turn up the volume for zone 2 about half way then connect phono cables from zone 2 pre out to a input on the external amp (eg cd input )
never use the phono input this is for turntables,connect this amp to your speaker switch/selector then to speakers.
hope this helps
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2016 | NAD T754 Receiver
Jun 03, 2013 | Pioneer VSX1020K Receiver
Mar 27, 2011 | Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver
Jan 03, 2011 | Pioneer Audio & Video Receivers
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Dec 18, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Sep 15, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V659 Receiver
Jun 29, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V995 Receiver
Jul 15, 2014 | Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver
494 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!