Question about Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver
How do connect zone 2 hook up to external amplifier then to speaker selector to outdoor speakers?
Go into your amp settings menu then to speaker settings,set zone 2 on and main on, turn up the volume for zone 2 about half way then connect phono cables from zone 2 pre out to a input on the external amp (eg cd input )
never use the phono input this is for turntables,connect this amp to your speaker switch/selector then to speakers.
hope this helps
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2016 | NAD T754 Receiver
Jun 03, 2013 | Pioneer VSX1020K Receiver
Sep 23, 2011 | Niles SSVC2 Two Pair Speaker Selector...
Mar 27, 2011 | Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver
Jan 03, 2011 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Dec 18, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Jun 29, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V995 Receiver
Mar 03, 2017 | Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver
494 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!