Psp was dropped in water and immediately retrieved. we let it air dry for 72 hrs. psp will turn on and will play games stored in memory, but if a new game is inserted it will not read the disk. can u help? also where can it b taken for repair? thanks!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's water damaged. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to fixed water damaged electronics. If you drop something in the water, you're supposed to rinse it off with distilled water and let it dry completely. If you turn it on while it's still wet, it will damage it permanently.
Are you trying to play the game from the memory stick? Or are you trying to play a game from the UMD and retrieve the saved game data from the memory stick?
5.00 m33 is a custom firmware that allows the PSP to play games stored on a memory stick. If you upgrade to 5.50, which is an original Sony firmware, that functionality will go away. If you have custom firmware, you should never upgrade it or the features like playing homebrew or loading games from a memory stick will go away.
do u use a umd or are u using memory card for game play
u can try this out
power on the psp
press the select button
and choose reset device
and if still problem persists tell me the option that u use for game play umd or mmc
psp can only play games using the UMD drive, you can only play game demos using the memory stick.
Upgrade your psp firmware version to 5.00, it adds playstation store to the psp where you can buy and download full games onto your psp, all you need to do is create an account using the playstation store on your psp if you upgrade it to 5.00.
You probably need a new memory stick module inside the PSP. I have seen this many times in my store and we replaced the board and it worked fine. Contact your local game stores to see if they do console repairs. See if there is a Play-N-Trade within your area. I work at one and we do repairs. I'm not sure if Gamestop or Gamecrazy do repairs.
Hey there, may have received a "short" in your PSP. What I would reccomend firstly is this...Go ahead and take the battery out of your PSP and then reseat it. Unfortunately, if your PSP is turning on right now, but you have no saved data, the memory stick may have been wiped...unless of course you have other data and just not the data of the game your playing. Data is stored in the onboard memory of the PSP and unfortunately when the game recieves a shock like you've said it lets go of the memory, much like someone pushing you in the hallway and you lose your books. I hope this gave you ideas, and/or solved your problem.
1. Did you also dried out the batteries or turn it on with the batteries still humid?? If turn it on with humid batteries you will have probably damaged the circuit segment of battery charging.
2. How youy dried the PSP by natural air or with a blower?? If by natural air, additional help with a hair dryer blower will be needed but not in maximum hot. Do not expose the components to excesive heat or permanent other components damage will occur.
3. Check is the gaming slot is dirty and apply 70% alcohol to it with a Q-Tip or so and let it set or dry for 10 minutes and re-try.