Question about D-Link DI-704P Router
We're connecting 2 computers using DLink 704P router, Computer 1 is Dynamic and Compute 2 is Static. We have already connected the LAN connection in the router and also the ethernet cable already connected to the WAN port. The problem is we could not connect to the internet. How do we configure the router in order to connect to the internet? Do we have to make any configuration in our computer? we used Windows XP SP2.
It doesn't matter whether the other computer is set to static and the other one is set to dynamic as long as both computers are getting/using valid ip addresses.
if i got it right. 1 computer is connected to the LAN port of the router and the other computer is connected to the WAN port. if so, you need to connect both computer to the LAN ports and the WAN port of the router should be connected to the modem that you are using.
if the physical connection is correct, check how you are connecting to the internet through the modem. if you can access the internet from the modem without configuring anything, you just need to power cycle. turn off everything then turn on the modem first, wait for the lights on the modem to turn on properly before turning on the router then turn on the computers.
hope this'll help you but if not, just provide the following:
(2)brand/model of the modem:
so i can help you further.
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 23, 2010 | D-Link DI-704P Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Aug 01, 2009 | D-Link DI-704P Router
Jun 24, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
May 14, 2009 | D-Link DI-704P Router
May 28, 2008 | D-Link DI-704P Router
Feb 18, 2008 | D-Link DI-704P Router
Jan 01, 2007 | D-Link DI-704P Router
May 14, 2017 | D-Link DI-704P Router
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!