Question about Samsung SGH-E635 Cellular Phone
My Carrier t-mobile refuses to disable text messaging ability. And I keep on getting spam all the time. When I asked cust rep on how to do it he told me to check with Samsung if I can block it using manufacturer codes. Is ther such thing?
Can I really block it?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2017 | Cell Phones
Nov 23, 2015 | LG Cell Phones
Sep 16, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Need to block a specific phone number from calling or texting your iPhone? It could be telemarketers, spam text messages, or that crank that won't stop calling and messaging. Apple's iOS does not have a built-in feature to block a phone number, but there are other solutions.
1. Your carrier might be able to block individual numbers. AT&T has an optional feature called Smart Limits for Wireless that runs $4.99 per month. One of the many functions is the capability to block up to 30 numbers from calling or texting your iPhone.
Verizon Wireless offers Spam Control for no additional charge. This feature can be found under My Services when logged into your account, and blocks up to 5 numbers from calling or texting.
2. Owners of jailbroken iPhones can install apps from the Cydia Store that will block phone numbers.iBlacklist is fully compatible with all iOS devices, iOS 5 and older firmware. For a one-time cost of $12, iBlacklist adds a plethora of useful features to your iPhone including the ability to block calls and texts from individual numbers.
MobileLog is currently in development and will be offered for sale to jailbroken iPhone owners soon. The app will also provide many enhancements to the stock calling app as well as number blocking.
3. Make sure you've registered your iPhone number with the National Do Not Call Registry. This will not stop texts, but it will require most telemarketers to stop calling your line within 31 days. Complaints can also be filed using the same website, and phone number registrations with the service never expire.
4. Assign a silent ringtone to the numbers you don't want to answer. This stops calls from bothering you, but texts will still sound an alert.
5. Another calling only solution are services such as TrapCall, which has plans starting at $4.95 per month. No iPhone app installation is required, and once you're signed up TrapCall will unmask blocked caller IDs and blacklist unwanted callers. More expensive plans can be purchased that offer more in-depth functions.
Jan 31, 2013 | Cell Phones
Jan 16, 2012 | Android Apps
Nov 09, 2011 | LG KP500 Cookie black on T-Mobile U-Fix...
Mar 14, 2011 | Cell Phones
Log into your cell phone account online and look for "Messaging Preferences" or a similar option. Some providers, including AT&T, T-Mobile, Alltel, Verizon and Sprint, now allow you to adjust your settings to block certain contacts. You may have to pay an additional monthly fee and register for this service. You'll probably have a limit for the number of contacts you can add to this list.
Save the phone number to your contact list. You can name it "Blocked." Then edit the contact and scroll to "Messages" or "Text" options. Change the volume to "silent" and turn any LED light and vibration settings off. This will allow you stop being notified when you get a message from this person.
Call your cell phone provider and ask the representative to block certain phone numbers from texting you. Some providers will gladly accommodate this request because they do not want you to remove text messaging completely because of annoyances from one person.
Report all cell phone spammers to your cell phone company. Take note of the phone number that sent a text to you and the product being sold so you can make a complete report. This may not be an instant fix, but over time, the spam may stop because of your complaint. Ask the provider to credit your account for any unwanted spam messages.
Feb 18, 2011 | Nokia 5130 Cellular Phone
Aug 20, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...
May 09, 2008 | LG KU990 Viewty
161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!