Question about Amana AOCS3040 Electric Single Oven
We have a recurring problem where the console beeps and flashes F1 continuously until we disconnect the power. The code apparently means there is a faulty control but we can not find out what parts need to be fixed / repaired. Any suggestions?
F1=Electronic range control failure
It is telling you may have a fauilty control...need to replace control or EOC
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
I am having the same problem. What parts do I need if it's the EOC or control?
Posted on May 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2014 | Whirlpool Ovens
Aug 29, 2007 | Amana AEW3530DD Electric Single Oven
F1 Error indicates a bad control board and the control board
(electronic control) should be replaced to solve this issue. Hope this
helps...please post back for further assistance.
Sep 19, 2011 | Ovens
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 27, 2010 | Jenn-Air 27 in. Electric Single Wall Oven...
Nov 15, 2010 | Amana AOES3030 Electric Single Oven
Sep 16, 2009 | Amana AOCS3040 Electric Single Oven
Dec 03, 2008 | Amana AEW3530DD Electric Single Oven
Oct 16, 2008 | Amana AOES3030 Electric Single Oven
Aug 22, 2006 | Amana AEW3530DD Electric Single Oven
710 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!