Question about HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Mem Test Failure Replace Dimm
The biggest problem with the P3005 is the main board. There has been a warranty extension on the P3005 if it is the main board.
it maybe a memory problem too, but unless you added memory, its usually part of the main board.
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
SOURCE: WE ARE GETTING
1. Turn the device off and disconnect the power cord.
2. Disconnect all interface cables.
3. Remove the right side panel by sliding it towards the rear of the device until the side slides from the device.
4. Open the access door by pulling on the metal tab.
5. Remove the DIMM from the antistatic package.
6. Hold the DIMM by the edges, and align the notches on the DIMM with the DIMM slot.
(Check that the locks on each side of the DIMM slot are open.)
7. Press the DIMM straight into the slot, and press firmly. Make sure the locks on each side of the DIMM snap into place.
NOTE To remove a DIMM, first release the locks.
8. Close the access door, and press firmly until it snaps into place.
9. To replace the right side panel, line up the alignment arrows and slide the panel toward the front of the device until it latches into place.
10. Reconnect the interface cable(s) and the power cord.
11. Turn the device on.
144-pin dual inline memory module (DIMM)
here's the memory part number/numbers you'll need also:
144-pin 133MHz DDR2 DIMM
Boosts the ability of the device to handle
large or complex print jobs.
32 MB CB420A
64 MB CB421A
128 MB CB422A
256 MB CB423A
Hope this helps and if so please mark fixya
Posted on Jun 25, 2010
SOURCE: hp laser jet3005n error mem
This means your formatter board has failed. This is quite common on the P3005. You need to call HP support and give them your serial number. They will tell you if it is under their extended warranty. They have a program to cover these defective boards. Just don't know wether your machine will still be under that repair program. In any case be assured it is the formatter board which is under the right side cover. The one that your network/USB cable plugs into. I repair HP printers and have personally seen this exact situation 4 or 5 times.
If your still unsure just Google search P3005 formatter or P3005 replace dimm 0. You will see lots of people with the same issue.
Good Luck and Thank You for using Fixya.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
SOURCE: MEM test failure Replace Dimm
This problem is one of two things. If you have additional memory installed, it might be bad. Remove any memory upgrades and trying restarting. If not then it is the formatter that is bad as the onboard memory has failed.
Posted on Mar 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005dn Printer
Feb 03, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2420dn Printer
Sep 15, 2010 | HP LaserJet P3005dn Printer
Jun 25, 2010 | HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
Jun 02, 2010 | HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
Sep 24, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
1,999 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: