Is there a fuse or re set button on my neff combo micro wave, ive just cleaned it and now have no power to it, i have checked the fuse
ISOLATE THE MICROWAVE DO NOT OPEN AS YOU CAN RECEIVE A SHOCK FROM THE INTERNAL CIRCUITS.
Check the mains fuse in the plug, remove fuse and put into a working appliance, if it works. Buy a new microwave, as the internal circuit has a fault, and depending on model, the cost of repair is usually very expensive. Unless you have an appliance insurance. leave repairs of this type of appliance to the proffs.
Check the door is closing properly, as a switch is activated by the colsure of the door, some cheaper microwaves use plastic and this can fracture, causing the microwave to not work. The front display should light up regardless of the switch position. The fuse inside can be 10 to 15amp slow blow, if this is the case, scrap the appliance as it requires specialised equipment to fault find and carefull handeling discharging capacitors and so on. A reasonable level of knowledge of electronics is required. hope this is of assistance.
May 17, 2011 |