Question about Gateway GT5220 PC Desktop
When I turn the computer on it beeps every four or five seconds. Sometimes the screen comes on, yet just a mess of colors and some times it is gray. It does not respond to the key board or mouse. I did make sure both where plugged in properly. I can not shut the computer down, it does not respond to Ctrl/Alt/Del, nor will it turn it off with the power button.
Any assistance will be appreciated.
Press and HOLD the Power button for 5 seconds ...this will turn off computer ......her's a list of beep codes http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
These may help !
Try a different keyboard /mouse if you can /make sure NO pins are bent or missing on PS2 connection .....
When booting up computer hold the DEL key down this will take you into the BIOS.......Select LOAD DEFAULTS usually F10 ...you'll see it on bottom of screen .....Save when prompted and see if it boots......Good luck
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2016 | LG 42LE5400 42 in. LCD TV
on Apr 02, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
You can perform these steps even though the screen is blank.
Hope it helps!
- Turn off the computer, and then remove the power cord.
- With the power cord disconnected, press and hold the power button for five seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.
- Repeatedly press the F10 key about once every second for five seconds after turning the computer on.
- Wait five seconds.
- Press the F5 key. This restores the default settings of the BIOS.
- Press the Enter key. This accepts the changes.
- Press the F10 key. This opens the Save and Exit window.
- Press the Enter key. This saves the changes, exits the BIOS, and then the computer restarts.
- After the computer restarts, the screen should display the HP logo.
Aug 11, 2014 | HP Touch Smart Desktop Computer "brand...
Jan 05, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 20, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 01, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Mar 28, 2012 | Gateway GT5220 PC Desktop
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: