Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
This all started yesterday morning. I was playing Halo 3 and it was working just fine. I decided to take a break and play Star Wars:KotOR II( Which is on XBOX's approved backwards compatability list). I had some audio errors(occasional beeping and buzzing during cinamatics). Then on the equip screen some images wouldn't load and were replaced by white boxes with black lines, and a load screen was completely white. I turned off the power directly(via unpluging the power cord). I then put Halo 3 back in the tray. Lo and behold it says "Open tray". I tried a DVD lens cleaner, cleaning my disks, and blowing it out with a blow drier(on cold). I then tried ever disk i had, DVDs don't work, but audio CDs do. My Oblivion disk said "Unreadable disk" and my COD4 even Played!!! What is going on here? I would really like a way to fix this without voiding my warenty. Please and Thank You! Oh, and excuse me for any gramaticle and spelling erros, I've been up all night trying to revive my X-BOX. ='(
Try clearing the cache....!
To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:
* Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
* Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
* Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.
You will see a confirmation message to confirm system maintenance, proceed.
Clearing the cache on the Xbox 360 is a fairly simple process, and can be useful if the system seems sluggish, unresponsive, or you just need to get rid of a game update (for whatever reason).
The most important part of clearing the cache is knowing what to expect. All downloaded game updates will be removed. So if you have downloaded an auto-update for a game, in order to play it on Xbox Live you will need to re-download it.
User game saves, profiles, demos, videos, etc. are not deleted during the process.
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 03, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 13, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro System Console
Jan 14, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 12, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 22, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
How long have you had your 360?
When you get open tray error it could be many things.
1. Dirty or scratched up cds ...... Take sum toothpaste and rub it on your scratched cds with your fingers in small circles. Wash them off with water , wipe them dry. This works dont ask how it does!
2. Your laser could be dirty ...... You could go out and buy a laser lens cleaner like the 1 for cd players. Or open it up use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol wipe the lens.
3. You can use the rubberband trick....... You'll have to open the 360 up for that fix. Plus im not sure it even works on the newer models. What it does it stops the laser from going too far off the disc when its reading it. This forces the laser to look for the commands on the disc to boot the game.
If you want to do the rubber band trick let me know.
Oct 16, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!