Question about HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
here is the solution for ur problem gary, you just need windows xp cd with you, in order to solve this problem,its a best possible way to resolve this problem for new bee. You need to go this link through internet explorer: http://pcproblems.wordpress.com/2007/05/22/can%E2%80%99t-remember-your-windows-xp-administrator-password/
if u cant there then u can do the steps that am pasting here below and reply back to me the result:
1. With your Windows XP CD in the cd-rom drive and boot your computer
2. Press any key when you read “Press any key to boot from cd” on the screen
3. The first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting the system hardware and loading files
4. When you get to the Welcome screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. Press F8 to accept the Licensing Agreement
6. The next screen gives you the option to start a Repair process. Use the arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process
7. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes. Shortly after this stage you will be required to reboot
8. During the reboot do not press any key to boot from the CD again. Setup will resume automatically with the standard screen
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen. When you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. A command console will now open up giving you a wide access to the system
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. You have gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel
12. Now remove or change your password as you prefer. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password. Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2016 | Computers & Internet
on Jul 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Jun 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2009 | Lenovo ThinkPad R51
Aug 15, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Aug 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
May 10, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Nov 26, 2013 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Oct 21, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Jun 27, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: