Question about HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
here is the solution for ur problem gary, you just need windows xp cd with you, in order to solve this problem,its a best possible way to resolve this problem for new bee. You need to go this link through internet explorer: http://pcproblems.wordpress.com/2007/05/22/can%E2%80%99t-remember-your-windows-xp-administrator-password/
if u cant there then u can do the steps that am pasting here below and reply back to me the result:
1. With your Windows XP CD in the cd-rom drive and boot your computer
2. Press any key when you read “Press any key to boot from cd” on the screen
3. The first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting the system hardware and loading files
4. When you get to the Welcome screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. Press F8 to accept the Licensing Agreement
6. The next screen gives you the option to start a Repair process. Use the arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process
7. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes. Shortly after this stage you will be required to reboot
8. During the reboot do not press any key to boot from the CD again. Setup will resume automatically with the standard screen
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen. When you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. A command console will now open up giving you a wide access to the system
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. You have gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel
12. Now remove or change your password as you prefer. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password. Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2016 | Toshiba PC Laptops
on Jul 12, 2010 | PC Laptops
Jul 30, 2012 | MSI Wind UmNotebook
Firstly you can reset windows admin password in safe mode by the following steps,
Step1: You should restart your computer, and keep pressing F8/F2 to enter the Safe mode.
Step2: After enter the safe mode, you can see the default administrator account, just click it to enter the system.
Step3: Open User Account in control panel, pick the account you have forgotten the password to change the password.
Step4: Restart the computer, you will log on with the newly created password or without password.
If the above method can not help you, you can use Smartkey Windows Password Recovery to help you reset windows password, and you can see the detail direction from http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/windowspasswordrecovery.html.
Jul 07, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1720 PC Notebook
Jun 28, 2012 | Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop
Mar 25, 2011 | PC Laptops
Mar 25, 2009 | Lenovo ThinkPad R51
Jan 12, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Nov 26, 2013 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Oct 21, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: