Question about Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.
2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.
3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn't detected after initial reset).
4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup)
Posted on Oct 16, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you very much, your solution was spot on and worked perfectly!"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2016 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 17, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 27, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
1. Place you finger on the on/off sensor leave it their untill you console turns off then take you finger off the sensor.
2. Place your finger back on the on/off sensor leave it their until you hear 2 consecutive beeps then take your finger off.
3. Once the safe mode screen comes on select the option PS3 SYSTEM RESTORE.
NOTE: A PS3 system restore will delete all data except the OS. I recommend backing up your console onto a USB flash drive if possible.
Feb 19, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 28, 2010 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Mar 17, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 10, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 12, 2009 | E-Machines Computers & Internet
437 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: