Question about Hisense TL1700 17 in. LCD Television
Hisense TL2020 lcd is lock I don't know the code and I dont have the original control remote. What can I do to solve the problem
This is how I got mine to work after weeks of struggling just trying to find a new remote (hisense is really hard to contact....).
1) Turn the TV ON. unplug the tv while still ON 2) hold down the "menu" button on the side of the TV and plug it back in. keep holding it down. the TV should turn on with the menu popping up. use the Vol <> keys and Channel <> keys to navigate the menu. go to the Vchip menu, and play around. I'm not sure what ultimately worked, but i changed the Vchip password to 1111, turned the reset menu to "on" and played around with the ratings settings (turning most of them to "u"s etc).
I went through this process several times and finally, the black background behind the menu turned to static. I played around with the channels, and the TV was unlocked. I turned the TV off, and then on again, and the channels showed up normally (no static). and it was no longer locked. I had to do the unplug thing several times, and was getting really frustrated looking for an "unlock code" in the manual (it just says press the button on the remote. so it was not really helpful).
But really, once you can just get to that menu you've made some progress, and just keep playing around with it until something works.
Best of luck!!
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
I listened to the advice given above. it works.
1. turn power on
2. pull out cord
3. hold down menu button
4. push cord back in while still holding down the menu button
5. go to the setting with RESET, turn to ON
6. push the actual reset button on the back of the tv.
7. turn back on.
8. menu will be up and there will be static.
9. exit menu and turn or plug in your cable box.
Worked perfect for me!
Posted on Jun 09, 2010
SOURCE: Hisense LCD Tl2020
I, also, have the Hisense LCD 1504 and cannot turn it on with the original remote. I have to use the ON button on the side every morning. You have to hold this button in for a while then wait a while and presto, the blue button shows on the front and the picture comes on. If it fails to work the first try, just try try again. It does work for me this way. We had this same experience with the TV in our room at a Hotel where we were on vacation and the TV worked fine when we turned it on using the side ON button. It just takes a while for the picture to appear. Hope this clue will help someone.
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2016 | Hisense Televison & Video
Dec 19, 2009 | Hisense TL1700 17 in. LCD Television
Sep 16, 2008 | Hisense LCD1504 15 in. Television
Mar 24, 2008 | Televison & Video
Sep 15, 2007 | Hisense TL1700 17 in. LCD Television
2,109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: