My display says unable to clean see troubleshooting and routine maintance in users manual. no code
I tired menu *2864 still says same thing, no code and now all the lights are blinking.
I have a brother 420cn, and the LCD screen says "unable to clean" i tried everything i read on other posts, and i still have the same problem.....please help me
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
Re: unable to clean
Well tuaman I had a customer that had the same prombelm and it was that he had forgotten to download the driver for the troubleshooting operation and cleaners of the disc maybe that is the same promblem have you thought about you mite have not install the whole drivers disc and that mite be the prombelm ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi you can try This works with most Brother printers Procedure how to reset the error 46 error (unable to clean). This can be done on every Brother inkjet machine with a numeric keypad.
- Machine off - Switch on the machine while holding down the “menu” button until all the leds are flashing on/off. Now you are in “maintenance” mode. - press 80 - press the “mono start” button several times until you see “purge: xxxx” - press “2783” in order to reset the purge counter. You will see: “purge:0000” - press “99” to exit the maintenance mode
Now you are able to print again, but actually your ink absorber box is now full with ink. Ink flooding can happen if you don’t replace this ink box Also can try.
Reset code. Press menu then*2864 within 2 seconds (maint should be on the display and all the lights should be flashing, if not try again) press 80 then keep pressing black/mono start button until screen displays ‘purge count’ press 2783 to reset purge count press stop/exit key press 99 machine should return to normal
Access the internal maintenance mode by pressing the Menu/Set button, then press * 2 8 6 4 within 2 seconds. This should put you in the maintenance mode menu. Enter 80, then scroll down with the arrow down (round) key. You'll find an entry listed as purge count. If number is over 6000, enter 2 7 8 3.
This will reset the purge count value. Then the printer will restart,
try this step by step.without missing any thing.
Press Menu, * 2864. That puts in in maintenance mode. If it flashes error 48, the flat ribbon to your head is broken. You'll need to replace the entire head assembly. Press 99 to leave the maintenance mode.
Hi, I tried the solution above "by obiewan" it work's for me but I do a little changes on his pattern.
1. Unplug your printer
2. press down the menu/set then plug it (just keep oh pressing it down until you see the message error 46 show up on LCD)
3. press 80
4. then look for "Purge", i think its on the 25th when you scroll down
5. then reset the pruge count to "0" by pressing 2 7 8 3
6. then press stop/exit
7. then press 9 twice