An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: XP does not detect iriver h10 anymore
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try plugging in usb with the H10 turned off. Now, press the select button (with the round symbol on it) while turning the H10 on. This starts the player in 'emergency mode' and should be recognized by XP
okay heres the deal. ive had the same problem and i realized that u have to have windows media player running in order for windows to pick up the device. it will ask u to synce the device with ur comp and then ur good to go. kind of dumb that u have to have an app running in order to get it to work but thats microsoft for ya.
Hi StevieB Try following.1/Prepare a handy tool (straightened paper clip) to insert into "reset" hole atop of H10 2/gently insert tool into reset hole and feel a click 3/ turn on H10 if this works great 4/if H10 continues to jam lock up then it may require reloading firmware sounds complicated but easy steps available chk iRiver support website
I am using windows2000 OS, can not yet justify a faster Pc to run XP .. following is what I use to load and manage my MP3 audio files on my H10 20GB
>using an alternative to WMP 10, I use 'EasyH10' .. prepares an H10 player without iriver
plus or Windows Media Player 10 based on music and playlist files transferred manually using windows Explorer
Info re Easy_H10 URL http://www.misticriver.net/wiki/index.php/Easy_H10
- connect USB cable between Pc and H10
- place H10 in 'Lock' position
- use a tool ( refashioned paper clip ) to press the reset button
- start H10 in USB Mass Storage Device Mode... Hold down 'O' button, continue holding 'O' button
while you press the 'On / Off ' button until screen displays USB connection, after emergency display
- In Windows Explorer locate the ' removable drive'
- Transfer your music files with tag information to 'Music' directory on H10
- Run EasyH10
- for Media database construction to display songs in MUSIC mode.
- Playlist conversion, a necessary process for your playlist files to become compatible
(recognizable) with an H10 player.
- EasyH10 also imports/exports tuner presets from/to a text file.