Question about Printers & Copiers
Please perform the below steps.
1. Switch off the printer and disconnect the power supply. Allow any residual charge inside the all-in-one printer to dissipate before putting your hands or any metal tools inside the chassis.
2. Pin down the exact location of the jam. The 3 hot spots for a jam are before a sheet completely leaves the paper tray, anywhere between the feed tray and print carriage or between the print carriage and output tray.
3. Take off the front paper tray if the sheet jammed while still in the front area of the printer. If here, you should be able to see most of the paper.
4. Pull the sheet with both hands and steady pressure. Do not tug as you might rip the paper, leaving a piece deeper inside the machine.
5. Open the back panel to reach paper jammed between the feed-tray area and print carriage. Carefully remove the jammed paper.
6. Use the carriage access door to get at a jam further inside the printer. You may need to remove the print carriage to get to the jam.
7. Replace all parts and return any access panels to their closed and locked positions. Plug your printer back in and flip the power switch.
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | HP Officejet 4355 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 21, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Clearing credit card-sized paper jammed inside the printer
Credit card-sized and 4" x 6" sized paper must be loaded properly. If this media is not loaded properly, it will feed into the printer and will not exit. Credit card-sized paper should only be loaded in the ASF and in portrait orientation. 4" x 6" sized paper can be loaded in the ASF or cassette. But must be loaded portrait orientation.
If credit card-sized paper was loaded in landscape orientation in the ASF and did not eject (exit), please follow this procedure.
Dec 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Dec 01, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
To manually remove paper pull on the paper with both hands being
careful not to tear the paper while pulling it. If you're unable to get
to an edge of the paper that allows you to pull it you may need to
manually rotate the gears that feed the paper through the printer.
Preventing a printer paper jam
As mentioned earlier it is inevitable that you will encounter at least one paper jam during the life of your printer. However, if you're encountering frequent paper jams following the below steps can help prevent paper jams from occurring.
Oct 04, 2010 | IBM Infoprint 1332 Laser Printer
Oct 02, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Dec 03, 2009 | Kyocera Mita FS 3750 Laser Printer
Jun 22, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
1,068 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!