Songs are not being show (not getting detected) in the music list
k i had the same problem twice,
the first time i couldnt fix it because i ended up getting a device read error when i tried to acces it in my computer, but i think whatever caused that was different than the second time.
this time my device retained all the songs origionally on it but wouldnt reckognize any new songs. In addition to that, when i deleted all the songs off the player and only put a couple back on the player didnt register those either. so it would seem to me that it is a problem with the device's database refreshing algorithim...although thats just a guess.
neways...to fix it i copied all the data & folders off the sansa (including the .txt and .sdk files) and stored them on my desktop. After that I tried the e200 firmware upgrader available at sandisk.com
After messing around for 2 hours trying to figure out what was going on i deleted all my music, videos, recordings and pictures off the device and proceeded to format it in msc mode.
after the format was complete, i re-copied the data i had backedup on my desktop and pasted it back onto the sansa.
it seems to have worked...but then again i still don't know what caused the problem so it may not work for you. (i think it may have been something to do with one of my music files since both instances happened after i uploaded the same 5 songs onto the player)
also, i had numerous virtual folders & files that had conflicting sizes and would not open when i clicked on them (windows says they had +4GB sizes but properties says 0B also when clicked i get a file not found error).
hope this helps.
Nov 22, 2007 |
SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player