Question about GE Profile 26.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser TFX27PRBWW
If your experiencing water on floor outside the refrigerator it might caused by the drain pan. There are some ways on how to correct this issue, either you clean the pan and reposition tray. In addition, here are some tips that you can apply to solve this problem. Please follow the steps below.
Before conducting any repair, please remember your safety. Unplug the machine or shut off the power at the breaker panel to avoid any electric shock.
1. Remove the drain pan and clean it with a warm soapy water or water and baking soda.
--> the drain pan is located at the bottom of the refrigerator behind the front grill.
--> Please remove the grill which snaps into place. Hold the drain pan while pulling slightly upward and forward.
2. If you noticed that the pan is too closed to the compressor please reposition the tray.
3. You may also try to check water invelt valve. It is located behind the refrigerator. Look for a water supply line coming into the valve and turn it off at the source. Now disconnect the supply line. It has screws so you need to remove them.
4. The water inlet valve is connected by two wires. Before disconnecting the wires please label the wire placement on the water inlet valve.
5. The wires are connected to the terminal with slip on connectors. Firmly pull the connectors off of the terminals ( don't pull on the wire ). You can use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove the connectors. Please check if the connectors and terminals has corrosion. If corroded they should be replaced.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 11, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2015 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Aug 25, 2014 | Max-Fridge Refrigerators
Nov 12, 2011 | Refrigerators
Aug 09, 2010 | Kenmore 77719 Side by Side Bottom Freezer...
May 05, 2010 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
May 01, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Apr 09, 2009 | LG LRTBC1825T Top Freezer Refrigerator
Mar 08, 2009 | Amana SXD524VW Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 19, 2009 | Sub-Zero 650 / O Bottom Freezer...
Jul 10, 2014 | GE Profile 26.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: