Question about Computers & Internet
You may want to look into upgrading your RAM if there is less than 2GB installed. This is a recommendation that I have found in working with several PC's running this Operating System. Also, you would want to run disk clean up and remove any temporary files that Windows finds. Deleting any other temporary or unused files from your PC on a regular basis should increase system performance. In addition, if these steps do not solve your problem, you may want to consider upgrading to a faster performance hard drive (preferably a SATA II with a 32MB cache). As a last resort, you may look at your CPU to see if there is an upgrade for it, as well. Keep in mind that Vista is a resource hog and can slow down a PC within just a short period of time.
Posted on Oct 15, 2010
Testimonial: "good solution"
Registry is accessed by almostall the installed programs and your operating system itself. Why is computerslow and freezing has to do with the fragmented registry data. You have todownload a PC Optimizer software that includes Registry Defragmenter tool suchas Reginout to perform system maintenance tasks.
Too Many Programs areInstalled
Installing too many programs makeyour computer slow and freezing. You have to uninstall the unwanted programs.
1. Click Start ' Control Panel.
2. Click Programs ' Uninstall a Program.
3. Select a program to remove.
4. Click Uninstall button.
5. Follow the wizard.
6. Reboot the computer after completion. b> Insufficient RAM Sometimes computer runs slow andstarts freezing due to an insufficient RAM. You have to install additional RAMsif required. b> Lack of Proper Configurations You will feel that your computeris slow and freezing if you haven't set Windows for best performance. 1. Right click My Computer.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click Advanced System Settings.
4. Click Advanced tab.
5. Click Settings button under Performance frame.
6. Select the option Adjust for best performance.
7. Click Apply ' OK ' OK. b> Junk Registry Keys Storing junk entries in theregistry makes your computer slow and freezing. You have to delete such junkentries using a Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software.
Posted on Jun 29, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2013 | Lenovo C300 20" All in One PC 30121JU...
Dec 12, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 24, 2012 | Dell OptiPlex GX270 PC Desktop
Mar 19, 2011 | HP e-PC 42 PC Desktop
May 18, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Feb 25, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
Dec 30, 2008 | Toshiba Compaq Evo D530C Minitower...
Mar 08, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!