Question about Honda Black Max 2600 PSI Pressure Washer
It sounds like could be one of the problems listed below or a combination of those things.
1) The exhaust is partially blocked. Check the screen covering exhaust port for carbon and dirt build-up. High-speed exhaust air must pass freely. We finally broke the exhaust screen out with a screwdriver to get our machine going one day.
2) Gas is not flowing freely to carburetor > under gas tank, find the rubber hose connected to carburetor. Pull off rubber hose and make sure gas flows freely. You can use this hose to drain gas tank of old gas ... and then put in fresh gas.
3) Carburetor is partially gummed up and engine cuts off when gas flow slows down. Buy some gum out, and then don't store power washer with gasoline in the tank. Or put additive in gas when storing machine.
4) The choke is letting in too much gas or not enough gas. Try different adjustments. The choke-lever on our power washer got so bad that we could not set throttle at full open or the machine would die. We still use the machine at 2/3 throttle, and then start it each time using WD-40 as described below.
5) Dirty air filter that won't let engine breath enough air to keep up with combustion. Take off air filter and see if problem persists.
6) The spark coil is going bad?? Change spark plug to see if problem persists. Is spark plug wire pushed all the way onto the spark plug?
Now the nitty gritty of starting that bad boy and making you happy again!!!!
7) Take off air filter. Spray WD-40 directly into carburetor. Yes, we use WD-40 every time to start my power washer, and we use the washer twice a week. Spray in the WD-40, Pull the engine cord. The engine will fire on WD-40. Guaranteed.
Once it starts, keep spraying WD-40 directly into carburetor to keep engine going.
If engine will not fire and keep going on WD-40, then your spark is suspect.
If your engine fires and runs on WD-40 but dies without it, then your gas supply or carburetor are suspect
8) Carburetor problem >>> try Gum out >>> and then take machine to small engine repair shop
9) Spark ... take out spark plug. Put spark wire back on. Hold spark plug by spark wire. Touch metal threads of spark plug to metal opening where plug came out. Metal to metal. Pull back start cord and look for spark between the metal. If you have no spark, then spark coil is bad >>> take machine to small engine repair shop
Let us know how it comes out!!
Posted on Oct 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2014 | Homelite Pressure Washer. 2700 psi 2.3 GPM...
May 06, 2011 | Karcher 2500 PSI Pressure Washer
Oct 15, 2010 | Garden
Oct 08, 2010 | Honda Pressure Washer PSI 3000
Sep 25, 2010 | Ryobi 30 Cubic Centimeter Curved Shaft Gas...
Sep 19, 2009 | Craftsman 25cc Gas Line Trimmer
Jul 23, 2009 | Garden
Jun 27, 2009 | Troy Bilt, Tuffy, Rear - Tine Tiller, 4.0...
Apr 04, 2009 | Hand Tools
Aug 09, 2008 | Karcher 2500 PSI Pressure Washer
508 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: