Question about Bunn Coffee Grinder
It sounds as though your grind is out of adjustment. The grinder is probably set too fine. I have not worked on a G3 grinder but I would think it is like the Bunn G2. On the front knob you will find 2 small set screws and one larger adjustment screw (in the middle of the knob)
1. Set the selector knob to finest setting (Espresso or Turkish)
2. Loosen the 2 set screws about 2 turns.
3. Activate the start switch (you must activate the "bag switch" behind the chute)
4. With the grinder running, SLOWLY turn the center screw clockwise only until you hear a very slight whirring sound (this is the burrs touching).
5. Then, back off the center screw counter-clockwise about 1/8 of a turn, shut off grinder and re-tighten the set screws.
Check the grind in the "drip" setting by running a few beans through... the grounds should be about the consistency of sand. You should get a better flow through the machine with the grind adjusted properly. You may want to check the cleanliness of the hopper in the top... I have seen these dirty enough to impede the falling of the beans to the grinder.
Also, whenever you remove (for cleaning) the 2 larger screws that hold on the front "plate", be sure to put them back in evenly... kind of like one would with a wheel on a car- Finger-tight then slightly tighten each on a little at a time (back and forth) until tight.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 29, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2015 | Saeco Talea Ring Plus Espresso Maker with...
on May 06, 2009 | Saeco Magic De Luxe Espresso Machine
Aug 27, 2014 | Gaggia Titanium Espresso Machine
Aug 25, 2010 | Gaggia Syncrony Compact Coffee...
Feb 06, 2010 | Cuisinart Supreme Grind DBM-8 Electric...
Apr 21, 2009 | Bunn Coffee Grinder
Nov 19, 2007 | Cuisinart Thermal DGB-600 Grinder
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: