Question about Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Ther is a sensor located either on the system board or around the door itself, make sure the sensor flag is properly seated once you locate the sensor try blocing it with a piece of card board or paper the printer should work with the cover open if the sensor is good, some unit use a tab on the front cover which actives a switch, in this case slightly bend the switchs actuatetor out some so the tab on the cover make better contact
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Start with printer powered off
1. Open cover of printer and verify that the ink cartridge carriage is not in the center of the printer. Leave cover open.
2. Unplug the electrical cord from the printer and wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug electrical cord back in, when ink cartridge carriage moves to the center of the printer quickly unplug the electrical cord again. This should leave the ink cartridge carriage in the center of the printer so you can get to it.
4. Lift up the gray arm that surrounds the ink cartridges.
5. Remove the entire ink cartridge holder (not just the ink cartridges). It will lift out easily as a unit. Lower the gray arm that you lifted to remove the cartridge holder.
6. Close printer cover. Plug electricity back in.
7. There should be a message about checking the ink cartridge on the display (I can
Jul 20, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Apr 18, 2011 | HP LaserJet 5200 Printer
Oct 28, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Aug 25, 2010 | HP LaserJet 5200 Printer
Apr 27, 2010 | Canon PIXMA IP5200 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 15, 2009 | Lexmark Z611 InkJet Photo Printer
May 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 18, 2008 | Lexmark X1240 All-In-One InkJet Printer
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!