The following instructions applly only for Internet Explorer's content They include instuctions for editing the computer's registry. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP THE REGISTRY AND/OR CREATE A RESTORE POINT PRIOR TO EDITING THE REGISTRY. Please be sure to following the instructions carefully as tinkering with the registry without knowing what you're doing can serious screw up your OS and software!
The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer
Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.
1) Click on Start and choose Run
2) Type in RegEdit
and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft
, Windows, Current Version and Policies.
5) Now click on the Ratings folder.
6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.
7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.
9) Choose View and then Internet
Options (or Options for version 3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.
10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.
If you are a child trying to bypass parental control DO NOT attempt this as you will most likely cause damage to the registry!