I have a IP H.323 TG between my Avaya CLAN and a Cisco CM. i am presently completing calls over the link to him with no errors. but when he calls me the call fails. i see that he sends all of the call detail from a trace on my phone. i see ext and name but no call completion. the error code tht i see is:
Port Mtce Alt Err Aux First Last Err Err Rt/ Al Ac Name Name Type Data Occur Occur Cnt Rt Hr St
2 H323-SGR 1 5899 06/02/14:36 06/02/14:36 3 0 0 a n
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Service Link Mode applies to users operating in Telecommuter Mode in CM (ie. they are using the 'Other Phone' option to receive calls), and controls how CM manages the media link to the telephone number entered.
If this is set to 'as-needed', the media link is released 10 seconds after the end of each call received to the user's station. (The 10 seconds allows a small window for new calls arriving to the station without the need to re-establish the media link.)
If this is set to 'permanent', the media link is not released once established. This is useful for users with high call volumes such as contact center agents.
1. The changes in the ring tone has to be made by accessing the Avaya server where the phones are registered. 2. Log in to the avaya server...... enter change station <station number> on the command prompt 3. In the personalized ring pattern field, you can select one out of the 8 available options by typing any digit between from 1 to 8.
4. The ring pattern of that particular station will change accordingly.
5. Keep the personalized ring pattern of all the stations different by assigning different digits against this value
Try to manually reset the phone - **#"Settings" (this will unlock the configuration) + Network + menu under number "33" - erase the configuration. Then the phone configuration will be erased. Also you can manually set IP address and TFTP server