Question about Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
Many newer HP Printers internally keep track of your cartridges by a serial number embedded into the cartridge. When it's low, the printer remembers. This is entirely done within the printer itself, and not the printer software. Some printers EXPIRE the cartridges after 18 months according to the installation date even it is not empty.
Outrageous, but true.
A fix? Most HP printers will only keep 2 cartridges in memory, so if you have 2 extra cartridges, (even empty ones) you could cycle them through to reset the printers memory, and reset the ink level to full. Basically, even though you've refilled your cartridge, the printers has the cartridge's serial number stored in memory. This will reset it.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
2) Remove the black power brick/block from the rear of the machine. (It may be a little tough to pull it out the first time you remove it.
3) Open the top of the printer/multi-function unit.
4) Gently pull the ribbon in order to center the printer cartridge carrier.
5) Open either the left or right side and remove the cartridge. (Depends on which side the error is occurring on, black on the left, color on the right)
6) Verify that all of the plastic strip that covered the new contacts on the cartridge have in fact been removed.
7) Wipe both the cartridge and printer contacts with a dry, lint free cloth.
8) Wipe the bottom of the cartridge with a damp, lint free cloth in order to verify that the ink is flowing and looks correct.
9) Make sure there is no water remaining on the cartridge.
10) Re-insert the cartridge into the carrier and make sure that it is bottomed and inserted all the way to the rear of the carrier slot.
11) Re-insert the power brick/block.
12) Re-connect the printer power cable.
13) Power on the printer and the error should be resolved.
14) Run the print alignment and print or copy several pages to insure the problem has been resolved.
IF YOU NEED TO BE WITH THE ORIGINAL CATRIDGES PLASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS.
ALWAYS PREFER LEXMARK CATRIDGES FOR LONG LIFE OF PRINTER Remove the indicated print cartridge. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet. If the button is not lit, press . Reinsert the print cartridge. If the error: Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected. Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one. BESTWISHES.....
Remove the indicated print cartridge.
Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
If the button is not lit, press .
Reinsert the print cartridge.
If the error:
Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected.
Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one.
Dec 19, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
The ink cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading
position unless the printer is busy.
Dec 17, 2010 | Dell Inkjet 720 Printer
Mar 09, 2010 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Mar 04, 2010 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 03, 2010 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Nov 29, 2009 | Lexmark X6570 InkJet Printer
Jul 19, 2009 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Dec 19, 2008 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 27, 2008 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
1,125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!