XP wont connect to internet through Sky Sagem Router
· reinstall drivers first including the network adapters.
· power cycle the modem and router (turn-off the modem and router, and wait for 10-15 seconds before powering on the modem first, then wait for 3-4 solid lights before you turn-on the router; check a website, or else
· bypass router (by directly connecting your computer to the modem)
· checked a website
· checked the IP address by clicking start button for winXP, click run and type cmd, on the c:> prompt type ipconfig then hit enter, get the IP: if the IP address starts with 169.254.x.x…the type ipconfig /renew…or else type first ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew.
· If media is disconnected, check the modem cable that runs at the back of the computer, unplugged and plug it back, or try other cat 5/ modem cable.
· Check the device manager for network adapter (is properly working), by right click on my computer, click on properties, and click on hardware tab, and click hardware manager button, click the plus sign next network adapters, makes sure there is no markings such ? ! or X marks, or else install the device manager for the Ethernet card.
· Type Ping google.com, check if the it receives and sends packet, if it does, then check the browser…
· Check browser settings, delete cookies, temp files on general tab…(click on tools->internet options), click on the connections tab, the make sure it is “never dial a connection”, check the LAN settings, make sure that there is no marks or checks on the boxes..click ok. Click on the advanced tab, click on the button “restore defaults”. Hit apply and ok. Close the browser, and open it up again and check for online website.
· Once connected, install back the router, if the there is no website shown, please your router brand support line for the reconfiguration of the router.
Apr 27, 2009 |