I have had my computer for about 3 months and we moved from an apartment to a house, my computer will not stay connected to the internet IT KEEPS SAYING 192...that im wireless and I do not own a wireless device, what can I do to change it...Thank U Lisa
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: no internet connection
From what I understand you may already have a wireless device attached to your machine already,probably installed when you were at your last place at the appartments,
If it is picking up a wireless signal from somewhere then this means you need to set up the wireless network permissions for that signal or have a wireless axis point installed so you can have connectivity via wireless,
Cheaper option is to go cable via rj45 port across a network or
via modem (ext or int) as long as you have phone account & ISP account for connection.
Everything sorted now,you should be good to go.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: no internet connection
You could try one of a few things.
1, get a wireless card if it does not have one already,
2. get regular internet from an ISP
3. Reset the network connections and make sure all cables are connected properly,
4. Set up a home network and use a second computer that has a reliable internet connection
5. move the tower around to see if it can catch a wireless signal,
6 (and last that i can pull from my head) Is to get a wireless signal expander to lengthen the range of current wireless around your house.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.Go to the dos prompt and type in ipconfig
2. An invalid ip address is anything that start off with 169.xx.xx.xx
3. If it give you an a valid ip address, go to a blank line on the dos prompt
4. Type ipconfig/release..press enter. A lot of information is going to come up
5. Go the next blank line in dos type ipconfig/renew.
6. Then power cycle the modem and computer by turn the modem completely off and then turn off the computer for 3 minutes. Then turn the modem and computer back on. Check to see if this work.
you need to download software called hotspot shield,u can download it
off the internet for free,do scan it for any viruses before you install
it,once its installed it will show you a browser window wait till it
says connected,its nothing but a proxy based browser which tricks
paltalk to think that its coming from a different country other than
pakistan..after u have installed and run
it,make an id and this time you will not get tc2120 error.hope this
This is more a configuration error. Depending on how you have your DHCP setup, you may need to adjust it's setting. No mention of what os you are using but if you set your DHCP to give IP addresses only to the LAN, set the ISP NIC address to receive its ip from the ISP provider, you should be able to get Internet access to your server and the LAN.
If you have done so, use the server os to setup your Internet connection. Answer a few questions about how you connect to the Net and the os will do most of the configuration for you.
Assuming that your objective is to have an ISA server to protect each building's separate internet connection while maintaining a separate link for the internal networks between buildings then the answer is yes.
Here are a few things to watch:
1. Each building needs to be on its own subnet
2. You can connect the buildings to each other through ISA in several ways or by using a layer 3 switch or router on each end. Either way, you'll need to provide routes between the two private networks.
3. If you only have on DC and it's handling all DHCP you'll need to make sure that the switches can handle DHCP helpers and configure this appropriately. If you need help on this, let me know.
4. If you want to have the ability to quickly configure one ISA server to handle traffic for the opposite building in the event of an internet failure you'll need to configure a short DHCP lease. That way you can re-configure the gateway and get it out quickly to the clients after a failure, i.e. if you can stand an hour without internet easily, a one hour lease would be appropriate. The price for this is increased DHCP overhead traffic on the network.
If you are looking for a true high availability solution where you'll have no downtime on either side if the internet goes down then you will need ISA Enterprise on each end and the implementation will be quite complex and well beyond the scope of what we can do here.
If any of my assumptions are wrong, let me know and I'll try to fill in the holes.
Hi there again,
I am assuming you are using XP OS.....
I have a couple of questions for you.
With computer on and camera NOT connected,
Please look at my computer,
1.What happens when you connect camera to usb lead then connect the lead to the computers usb port?
2,Would it upset you if we use another way of moving your photo and video files from camera to computer?
3.Does Memory card work in another device or computer?
Solution 1 =================================
If usb did not recongise the camera on the usb port then it will be a software and hardware reinstall ,
Remove usb lead from computer
Go to Add/Remove from you control panel.
Remove the cameras software.reboot.
restart install software first and reboot,
do not connect camera yet,WAIT.
once restarted add camera via usb
should be good to go.....
If it does continue to give you issues then consult the manufactuerer.
Solution 2 =================================
if the usb is connected to the camera via usb lead to usb port on the computer and you can see the cameras' drive info then its more than likely you will be able to open and use this file ,if so you should be able the move these files to your computer too.
Solution 3 =====================================
Explains itself really-Replace it if you need to.
Hope this sorts out your problem.
I beleive your card reader may be poked,
Uninstall and reinstall try again, replace if presists.
these solutions I have put forward have been proven to work in many situations so good luck and let us know the results thanks