Question about Toshiba TP50F50/51 50" Rear Projection Television
It has an 2 convergence ic try look first for swollen capacitor beside the convergence ic and replace it.
Posted on Oct 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2012 | Lands Phones
Jul 03, 2012 | Viper K'nex Corkscrew Coaster, Vertical...
Jun 03, 2012 | NEC MultiSync MT1050 Multimedia Projector
Mar 06, 2011 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Mar 17, 2009 | Sony KP-51HW40 51" Rear Projection...
Mar 09, 2009 | Sony KP-53HS30 53" Rear Projection...
Jan 08, 2009 | Fisher Price Toys
Nov 11, 2008 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!