Question about Computers & Internet
Check if the AC Adapter brick is getting warm when connected, if not then you need to replace the Adapter.
If AC Adapter brick is getting warm and still its not charging the Battery, please perform the following steps.
1. Disconnect the AC Adapter.
2. Remove the Battery.
3. Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Reconnect the AC adapter and do NOT connect the battery now.
5. Turn on the Notebook power.
Note: With an extensive use of the notebook, some times notebook would store some static charges which indeed will stop the notebook from powering up or charging the battery.
The procedure to remove this static charges from the notebook is known as power drain.
Performing a power drain procedure will not effect any personal data or delete any pictures from the hard drive on your notebook.
If issue persists, contact Notebook manufacturer for further support.
Posted on Oct 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jul 12, 2012 | Dell Vostro V13 Laptop Computer (Intel...
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
May 23, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
Apr 14, 2011 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Mar 11, 2011 | Amstron Toshiba Satellite A200-1AB Laptop...
Dec 21, 2010 | HP 417035-001 - HP Pavilion dv2000 Series...
Aug 16, 2010 | HP Compaq 6735s Notebook
Mar 13, 2010 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Aug 15, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 5100 Notebook
Apr 14, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!