Question about Computers & Internet
It's a long shot but try this:
1) Restart your PC
2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear
3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)
4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously
5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager
6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab
7) Next Click New Task
8) Now enter the command:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"
Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.
9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process
10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.
11) Now restart your PC and the black screen problem will hopefully be gone.
Posted on Oct 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jul 24, 2010 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Oct 29, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Aug 16, 2009 | Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition...
Jul 13, 2009 | Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition...
Jul 10, 2009 | Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition...
May 27, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Apr 23, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Oct 31, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Oct 21, 2017 | ESET Computers & Internet
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!