- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
well, the correction ribbon is for erasing mistakes, it literally, pulls the ink off the paper, but you have to hit the correction button, the type writer will back up and pull the ink, but you would hear ait and be able to tell the diff. I think maybe you should check 1st that the ink ribbon is the 1 closest to you, and the correction ribbon is behind the ink ribbon- also make sure they are in the correct direction- ink side of the ribbon facing your paper- sticky side of the correction ribbon facing the paper- so its you, the ink ribbon and then the correction ribbon then the paper
Remove and inspect the ribbon cartrige, wind the knob and make sure that the ribbon moves and reinstall. Check that the correction tape is installed properly. Check that the ribbon plate assembly is not in the correction position. Try CODE RESET (Q key)
Hi there, If Cannot send or receive Fax : 1) Check the control panel for any blinking lights. If the lights are blinking then
The color print cartridge needs to be replaced soon.
2) Check power.
a) Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet, thenfrom the printer.
b) plug the cord all the way into the power supply on the printer.
c) Plug the cord into an eletrical outlet that other electrical devices have been using.
3) Check Cable connections Make sure cable connections for the following hardware are secure, if applicable
* Power supply
4) Verify dial tone.
* Place a test call to the telephone number to which you want to send a fax to make sure that it is working correctly.
*IF the telephne line is being used by another device, wait until the other device is finished before sending the fax.
5) Check for paper jams. Check for and clear any paper jams.
6) Disable Call Waiting Temporily. Call waiting can disrupt fax transmissions. Disable this feature before sending or receiving a fax. Call your telephone company to obtain the keypad sequence for temporarily disabling the call waiting.
Can send but not receive faxes
1) Load paper. Load paper to print any faxes that have been stored in the computer.
2) Check ink. Check the ink levels, and install a new cartrige of necessary.
Can receive nut not send faxes
Check document placement. Load the original document facedown in the lower right corner of the scanner glass.
Remove and observe the ribbon, wind the feedwheel to see if the ribbon if moving at all. Make sure that the correction tape is not in front of the printheel and installed properly. (electronic machines use non-sticky lift-off tapes).. Observe the hammer movement. The ribbon winder in the cartrige could be defective, the ribbon ffeed mechanism in the machine may need repair/replacement. Make sure there is a printwheel in the machine.